The Power of 3?

None believe it or not. In a way some people are right that its about marketing though. They just havent pinpointed it.

*Edit* Oops. I take that back. I did get one PM. You know who you are. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, This is Easy!

NForce 6 with Dolby Digital 7.1 or DTS encoding, Integrated SM3 GFX core (6200TC, anyone?) and Gigabit Ethernet on board.

That's my guess.

Perhaps some new tech demo exploiting SLI, HDR & SM 3.0 ?

There's quite a bit of nVIDIA-related press on August 11 -- 7800GT launch, QuakeCon (perhaps some of the FPS POV Doom movie footage will be shown and leaked :)), nVIDIA's Q2 Conference Call and this Power of 3 stunt, which could be a combination of some or all of the aforementioned.

but the Power of 3 also says 'So don't buy old graphics for your PC...' so it's got to be graphics related. That also kind of discounts SLI (upgrade your old GPU with another old GPu), well to my mind anyway.

Shader Model 3.0, SLI, FP blending and filtering (under the leaky umbrella of 'HDR'). Three things that NVIDIA have that ATI don't.

What do I win?

ChrisRay said:
None believe it or not. In a way some people are right that its about marketing though. They just havent pinpointed it.

*Edit* Oops. I take that back. I did get one PM. You know who you are. ;)
That could mean one of these two things:

a) The percentage of teens at Beyond3D is very less.

or

b) Not enough interest generated by the campaign.

My guess is that its probably the C51 or something related to it.

Neeyik said:
Anybody any clues for this new launch on August 11th for NVIDIA?

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

"You don't buy vinyl records...
You don't use a typewriter...
You don't use dial up...
So don't buy old graphics for your PC...
On August 11th, NVIDIA delivers The Power Of 3
"

Hmmmm....considering it was only a few months ago when nVidia was stating, through the words of its "Chief Scientist" no less, that "threes" inside of computer graphics were non-mathematically sound, unscientific, and philosophically unnatural--well, this is certainly interesting...:D

(;) Remember how enthralled we were to hear Kirk pontificate on the inscrutability of 3x8=24, as in FP24...?)

You're not talking about 3-way SLI, are you?

I accept the usefulness of SLI concept, but a 3-way would be.. well, just ridiculous.

Edit: I didn't read the first page when I posted this and now I found Chris already denied 3-way. Thank god.

Gigabyte already showed their prototype of Quad SLi board - the "GA-8NSLI Quad", a friggin mixture of NF4 for AMD and the NB of NF4 "Intel Edition".

Never mind..

Still waiting to see The Power Of 3(Dfx).

fellix said:
Well, some ppl that way already got The Power Of 4 even: SLi + Athlon X2 :D

Maybe but if they are showing off the multithreaded nature of the driver. Then SLI isnt the target of the show because the majority of people using their cards dont have two cores.

Back