The Order: 1886

got to chapter 13.

Holy .... looks amazing, sounds amazing, intriguing presentation and story, cutscene plays like shit, frustrating stealth mission.

seriously, the cutscene gameplay is super bad. The developer sometime consistent with the button prompts and sometimes they change it to random for no reason. Its also insta-death when fails.

To Developers that keeps adding gameplay in cutscene, PLEASE, learn from Asura's Wrath. In that game, the button press is consistent AND you are allowed to fail (the cutscene will have minor variance). But the most satisfying thing is, the cutscene almost-perfectly in sync with button press (e.g. rapid punch = rapidly press button, holding enemy = holding button).

In the stealth mission, did you figure out you can use the crossbow? Was much worse before I realized that, thanks to this thread.

Did 1886 sell well?

I beat it. It had this rookie feel to its gameplay but such exquisite visuals. Pretty boring and by the numbers game though. So CINEMATIC! ugh.

They kind of said these two small games are giving them a break to research tech they can use in the Order II. All my speculation, of course.

Hopefully one of things they research is actually making a good game. Graphics were nice, but gameplay was about as bottom of the barrel as you could get with some astonishingly bad AI.

Regards,
SB

Hopefully one of things they research is actually making a good game. Graphics were nice, but gameplay was about as bottom of the barrel as you could get with some astonishingly bad AI.

Regards,
SB
Do you have the game or did you play it for a long period?

Except for the "Press X" to dodge a Werewolf part, which was the wierdest thing in gaming ever for me, the shooting was top notch ! in fact it has a very very good Third person shooting model, very snappy, very very responsive. I wanted more firefights because the guns felt so awesome.

Do you have the game or did you play it for a long period?

Played it over at a friend's place since I wanted to check out the graphics without YouTube or Twitch video compression.

They basically said the same thing. At the time, they thought it was the best graphics on console, but that it also had some of the worst gameplay and AI of any game on console.

Regards,
SB

I heard bad things about too many cut-scenes and short length, but not much about bad gameplay...
Though this last one is probably one of the most subjective points..

I'm still willing to play the game.

Regards,
SB

They are saying in the video what they are doing now is making the game fun first then adding a lot of visual flair. The most important thing for them right now for their games is for them to be fun.

I heard bad things about too many cut-scenes and short length, but not much about bad gameplay...
Though this last one is probably one of the most subjective points..

I'm still willing to play the game.
Yes it has some long movie-like cutscene moments. Basically a Gears of War cover shooter. Some QTE fights but they are actually relatively cool. I think your enjoyment depends on how much you like the setting, GoW cover shooting and "cinematic" highly-linear play.

The AI companions are rather useless most of the time. I recall staying hidden one time to see if Lady Igraine could take out some enemies. It didn't work out very well.

You could watch it on Youtube and get most of the experience. ;)

Last edited:
Except for the horrible compression, that is one downside on YouTube.

I personally really liked the game as a coherent story. There were definitely some gameplay weaknesses, but the vision and execution of the story was pretty cool and the art direction was great.

Back