The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

I'm torn on Season 3 of WestWorld so far. I didn't plan on watching it weekly but have had access to the show so been giving it a go. It's a large departure in the feel of the show from before. I'm torn on which Season I enjoyed the most. I could easily rewatch Season 1 and 2, and you gain more appreciation doing so armed with more knowledge of the events.

So enjoy your ride with Westworld.

In the meanwhile, I haven't watched anything from The Walking Dead current season started in mid 2019. The drama is just too slow moving to have to wait week to week and over a few months inbetween halves of the season.

In the meanwhile, Better Call Saul has become a real genuine prequel to Breaking Bad.
It was always a prequel to Breaking Bad.

Humans. I wouldn't say it's a brilliant show, but it's quite entertaining and I like it. It reminds me of Detroit: Become Human a lot. I come to the same conclusion: even though I love androids as a concept or technological milestone, I wouldn't go much further, because the consequences can be catastrophic.

Right, but what I mean is the degree of character overlap and focus is now all about the drugs underworld.
yeah sure but first he had to fail at being jimmy mcgill. and then he had to lean into saul goodman and then he had to cross paths with hardened criminals

the journey has been good. i still think michael mckean deserved an emmy for his portrayal of chuck.

Whoever mentioned Dark (German show on Netflix) in this thread, thank you! I had started it then left it at the third episode, and this week I thought I’d pick it up again and Holy crap it’s amazing. I have very little idea what the fuck is going on half the time but having just finished Season 1, wow. Just wow.
Fantastic isn't it :) I had trouble following the various families over the timelines and it's especially bad if you start watching season 2 a year after season 1 and have forgotten half of the characters and timelines. The final season should hopefully be out this year and when it does I'll be watching the first two seasons over again prior.

Fantastic isn't it :) I had trouble following the various families over the timelines and it's especially bad if you start watching season 2 a year after season 1 and have forgotten half of the characters and timelines. The final season should hopefully be out this year and when it does I'll be watching the first two seasons over again prior.

Yes same! So many characters I had to stop and think who was who in which timeline etc etc

So it’s meant to be 3 seasons total? Amazing, I love it when a story has a beginning and a clear end without being dragged in and on for years.

I made a mistake in watching the first episode of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. It took me 3 viewing sessions to make it through the 60 minutes of footage. Only the last 5 minutes or so of footage was enjoyable enough to be worthy of the Penny Dreadful name (season 1 and 2 before they had to cram everything into half of season 3 because they were not renewed).

Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid season 3.

Anyone watch "Code 404" from Sky or "Uploaded" from I think Amazon? I started watching Code 404 based on the description, but going in to the second episode I'm not sure if it'll work. Fortunately it's just 6 1/2 hour episodes so if it's a mistake it'll be a short one.

Just saw Uploaded uploaded last night, figure I'll check it out on Amazon before I grab it. (I just hate streaming, I prefer local files. :p )

watched kamen rider zero one. still the usual formula of "modern" kamen rider, still the usual eyebrow rising plot and character decission, still over the top silly animation. But i keep watching it o_O

Finished Season 2 of Dark and without exaggerating, it’s by far one of the best pieces of TV I have ever seen.

Masterful construction, amazing acting, every scene has a reason to be there the way it is (even though you might not understand it until later) and every episode has so many amazing moments, twists and revelations, I have never screamed WTF OMG WHATTTTT at my TV as much as I have with this show.

I have not started Dark but it's been on my list since season one, but as others have mentioned it seems to be very detailed so I may hold off until Season 3 lands to start it, hoping my feeble mind can retain everything for that shorter timespan.

I started and finished the Amazon series Upload. I found it light and fluffy filled with comedy while having some social commentaries. It ends on a bit of a cliff-hanger, but I have no doubt there will be a season 2.

I started the Netflix series Hollywood. This may not be a series for everyone, depending on how comfortable you are with sexuality or themes of it. The production quality is top notch as are some of the actors (Jim Parsons). It is a bit seedy with the material covering the golden days of Hollywood where sexual favors were part of the game to get discovered. Nonetheless I am enjoying the show. It'll be interesting to see others' take on the series.

I have not started Dark but it's been on my list since season one, but as others have mentioned it seems to be very detailed so I may hold off until Season 3 lands to start it, hoping my feeble mind can retain everything for that shorter timespan.
I think that, especially as S2 progresses, a lot of the really confusing things about S1 are explained and given context, and more importantly all the many characters are fleshed out much more.
A lot of them were given little screen time in S1, or simply felt like unnecessary accessories to the main story and therefore hard to remember, but this is definitely solved in S2 and at least I now remember all their names! So I do feel that going into S3 will be much easier than from 1 to 2.

These days I’m mostly very late to the party with the Big Bang theory ...

Westworld hasn’t been able to hold my attention quite as well as I just don’t like that it has too much focus on violence in a way that really doesn’t seem to improve the storyline very much.

Also Working Moms has a new season which I wat he’d one or two episodes of and I’ve greatly enjoyed that series so far as well.

Meanwhile I am hearing more and more people who have watched Sex Education and having loved it, so I am just going to keep recommending it. ;)

I'm a bit of opposite kind of consumer then. I'm having trouble finishing the second season of SE, can't see the brilliance cited by some people. Actually it seriously bores me now...

The third season of WW kept me interested to the end. Quite different of course from the first two which seemed like pointless wandering at times, and it was much more concrete in many ways.

Sorry, what are "SE" and "WW"? My brain is going in too many directions, apologies.

WW = WestWorld! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back