The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Tonight's season finale of Game of Thrones was so much greatness. I cant even pick a best part, there was so much to enjoy.

Agreed, this season has been surprisingly good. I didn't think much of Season 5, but Season 6 has me fully hyped for the next one :)

Preacher. It's rather unique. It's difficult to describe without ruining the revelations.
If you like it, you really should try the original graphic novels. The amount of fuckuppedness you find there is hard to top. :LOL: Also, it hasn't been watered down for TV for example (IE, Genesis is not an alien or whatever they made it into in the TV show.)

Preacher) Watched the first episode. Wow. I guess the record for amount of kills per hour probably belongs to Spartacus but this should definitely score high on the kills/creativity ratio.
Haha! Just wait until you meet the Saint of Killers... ROFL! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Been watching Game of Thrones for about three weeks now. I'm up to S6E5 now. :blush: S6 so far is a little weaker than the previous ones I feel, but there are definitely highlights here and there, and it's still an incredibly well made and polished production.

Having watched all the seasons in such a short timespan you really see the younger actors grow up and mature. It causes some logical inconsistencies here and there, but you can't really help it... After all, you can't stop time for your child actors inbetween seasons...

Game of Thrones season finale. Well, I guess, this is the beauty of inevitability.
And, well, I don't care, the transition from the baby's face made me shed a few tears, too.

Since I'm a big fan of physics (Einstein is my hero and relativity still blows my mind)
I'm currently watching a series called Wonders of the Universe on bbc-i player (non u.k people will have to use a proxy)
Since its aimed at the general public its quite lightweight but since science programs are few and far between I thought I'd pimp it

Bringing new meaning to King's Landing
Oof. That's so mean.
Cersei just can't make a decent wicked evil plan without it totally blowing up in her face, can she? Wow.

And I did not quite get the significance of the baby. While the crossfade implies it, it just can't be wittle baby Jon, can it? Wouldn't Ned have to be older for the timeline to work? *shrug*

I don't think Cersei really cared about
her son dieing even by suicide
since he was
trying to kill her by removing the Trial by Combat option
and also because she has accepted the prediction by the witch, when she was younger, to be true.

It was a pretty entertaining season for sure. Still, I think it's very apparent that Martin isn't writing the things anymore. The spark from the dialogue is mostly gone, people seem to have figured out the secrets of teleportation, deaths are more gratifying than they are shocking, and in typical tv fashion, things tend to fall into place rather neatly and conveniently now.

@Sigfried, Isn't some of it rather inevitable now that the entire story is slowly unfolding and the puzzle pieces (that have been built up over 6 seasons) are slowly falling into place? It's a somewhat natural progression, especially given the scope of all the different characters and their dynasties and their history.

Also, I was under the impression that Martin is still very much involved, despite the series having caught up the books?

One way or another; I started reading the books (still the first one) a while ago and I loved how even the dialogs were identical between series and book. I haven't progressed that far yet (end of the first book), but I understand that there are certain things that were different between both, even way back in Season 2 / book 2. Even if the story line might be taking different roads, I kinda look forward to enjoy two alternate story lines when I finally get to spend more time reading the book. For now, I'm just enjoying the unfolding of the series.

PS: Teleportation. Might you be referring to Lord Varys? :D

PPS: I just watched and completed Breaking Bad recently. Pretty much watched all 5 seasons within 2 weeks. Wow, what a ride. I think it's easily made it to my favorite series of all time. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, what a performance. Heck, all of the characters. Just utter brilliant in how it all unfolded and the acting performance of every single characters. Vince Gilligan = genius.

And I did not quite get the significance of the baby. While the crossfade implies it, it just can't be wittle baby Jon, can it? Wouldn't Ned have to be older for the timeline to work? *shrug*

Not sure what you mean by "timelime to work", but to me it clearly says that Ned isn't the father of Jon, but someone else, likely important to the overall story. The little boy definitely was Jon.

On another note. Getting rid of Tommen and High Sparrow in a single episode was a dream come to true to me. Little bit sad about Margaery though, would have liked to see more of her.

Not sure what you mean by "timelime to work", but to me it clearly says that Ned isn't the father of Jon, but someone else, likely important to the overall story. The little boy definitely was Jon.

On another note. Getting rid of Tommen and High Sparrow in a single episode was a dream come to true to me. Little bit sad about Margaery though, would have liked to see more of her.

The exact blood line of Jon has been suspect of a lot of speculation and it looks like it's actually true and foreseen by many fans. It was speculated for some time that Ned was not the father. I think the scene shows that he had to promise his sister to take care and protect him [Jon] and the only way to do that without arising suspicion would be to bring him back as his own bastard son. I think the fact he needed to do so, shows the significance of who the true father of Jon is.... yet to be revealed.

I read that the stars are getting big pay rises for the future seasons. I did wonder how the producers would be able to afford it, but I can see now how they made room in the budget!

GoT season ender discussion:
Not sure what you mean by "timelime to work"

I felt that Ned, being quite young in the "dream", or whatever you might call it, would be too young to match the Ned we meet in the first season. Jon isn't particularly old either. *shrug* Just my own musings... Pay them no mind. :p

but to me it clearly says that Ned isn't the father of Jon, but someone else
That would be the implication, yes. So that Targaryen prince, whatsisname, who abducted Ned's sister would be Daddy, I would assume.

On another note. Getting rid of Tommen and High Sparrow in a single episode was a dream come to true to me.
You hated them both that much? Tommen didn't get a lot to do, he was king, but merely a puppet. His exit from the show made me sad. But it was foreshadowed in the first episode of S6 IIRC, when young Cersei met that witch.

@Grall, I pretty much agree. I think the problem was that they either couldn't get Sean Bean to reprise his role as a younger Ned, or they didn't have the budget to re-animate him to look 20 years younger. Then probably not many look-alikes that would look like Sean Bean in his 20ties. So I guess they had to opt for a younger looking double / look-alike which kind of makes the timeline a bit iffy...

And yes, rhaegar targaryen would be his name. Which I think is quite an interesting situation, as that would make him Daenearys nephew (yes I edited that, shame on me) and possibly has a unique link to the Dragons as well?

There's another thing that has got me thinking too, and that is of Tyrion Lannister... btw; epic moment towards the end of episode 10 of season 6 with Daenearys.

Last edited:
Oof. That's so mean.
Cersei just can't make a decent wicked evil plan without it totally blowing up in her face, can she? Wow.

Do you want to be spoiled?
Jon snow was never his baby. But he was definitely his uncle.
Jon's father is not Robert Baratheon :)
We know that because Ned had to keep him hidden from everyone including Catelyn.

So Jon's mother is Lyanna Stark, who is Jons father? Yes. You know it's true!
That would make Dany his aunt.
But house targareyn is into incest, gotta keep that dragon blood local. So Jon marrying her would be no issue.

Ugg wait. Should have read all the previous spoilers. Everyone saying the same thing.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
GoT season ender discussion:
You hated them both that much? Tommen didn't get a lot to do, he was king,

Yup,
Tommen's lack of action in important situations like when his wife was captured and his general wimpy spineless cowardliness was too much. And his voice..., please KILL him already! High Sparrow and his cult was just generally annoying, the actor actually was pretty good.

I don't think Cersei really cared about
her son dieing even by suicide
since he was
trying to kill her by removing the Trial by Combat option
and also because she has accepted the prediction by the witch, when she was younger, to be true.
And
She obvious has had her eye on the throne since forever and her weak son was just in the way.

Back