The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

A tv shows question : I've seen a few clips of Jimmy Kimmel on youtube. He has some Mexican guy in the corner Guiermo (sp) or something, who is he, what does he do, what purpose does he serve ?
Just a side-kick he can bounce off of humorously. He's been around as long as the show and I've never figured out exactly why, I just accepted it.

Wth the latest halo episode used overused trope of miscommunication and the one who made the "villain" is the "good guys".

Straight up the usual tropes. With no twist. No spin.

And many other tropes were used in this episode. It's like full-on TV tropes Fiesta or something...

The new star trek at least put a bit of its own spin to the tropes.

I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible for Paramount+ to create anything good or if it's their mission in life to shit on any good Sci-Fi IP they can get their hands on?

Regards,
SB

For some reason I actually like Halo :LOL: That whiny episode with the Korean girl with the fucked up hair (why can't she have normal hair? Nobody will cuts their hair like that) was annoying but other than that its just some pretty pictures and brainless action that you can just watch without thinking. Though I haven't played the games apart from a little bit of Halo 1 when it came out ages ago so I don't care much about the lore. At least they haven't gone full retard on LGHDTV+ sauce like Stark Trek Discovery so just be happy we can have a buffed dudes and blond chicks banging and blowing up shit.

I was watching "white men can't jump" the other day and its just crazy to see how messed up all that forced diversity shit has become. It's all shit and IMO achieves only the exact opposite.

Anyone started Outer Range? Finding it extremely good quality, loving the mystery even though I'm still not sure WTF is going on, and I just hope they don't fuck it up. And Josh Brolin is of course amazing.

I don't know what to get.
Any character acts in an unrealistic way, overall it's weird and random but take itself too much seriosly.

OH! I thought they left a huge cliffhanger.

Ok, now I don't know. I believed that the last one was the penultimate, also because I don't know how can they dilute even more the events. I was expecting just "the" final confrontation (and we already know how it ends for anyone), a mandatory little jump, the mother of all disappearance, maybe some other useless side story, then a fast forward that shows both the aftermath for any character and how they end up where we know.
It's just the first season?
I don't think to have enough willpower to care about a second one, also because they have shown multiple times how is going to end.

My theory is that's a parallel universe where everyone is dumb.

I don't trust them at all to keep it up
They didn't.
The more I think of the first episode the less I like it.

Master Cheeks episode 8 blegh, see #2727 but round the other way :runaway:
These chucklefuck writers have listened to the first few mins of 'Writing an epic multi-season TV series for Dummies' -abridged- audio book so they know they need to have like 30 plot lines that join up to a culmination in the last few episodes.
Several of those joined up in this episode and none of them were interesting, pretty much everything was idiotic.

Super excited for LD&R!

I watched the second episode of ST:Strange. The early part of the episode being a simple cookout with the Captain was far better than the actual trouble-of-the-week action part. It just seemed rather unsatisfying in how all the problem situations were approached and resolved. It felt like it was written more as a "we need to spend X minutes troubled on this issue before we move onto the next" regardless of how it naturally flows or not. This seems like 99.8% of the the allocated time was for struggling with each little roadblock and then 0.2% time with actual solution.

I watched the second episode of ST:Strange. The early part of the episode being a simple cookout with the Captain was far better than the actual trouble-of-the-week action part. It just seemed rather unsatisfying in how all the problem situations were approached and resolved. It felt like it was written more as a "we need to spend X minutes troubled on this issue before we move onto the next" regardless of how it naturally flows or not. This seems like 99.8% of the the allocated time was for struggling with each little roadblock and then 0.2% time with actual solution.

How are you watching it in the UK?

How are you watching it in the UK?

Don't trust the username... I am in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. So it's available on my Paramount+ subscription.

I did a "slickdeal" thing where I paid $25 for a CBS Sportsline subscription, linked it to CBS All Access, canceled the Sportsline subscription, then accepted their offer to extend it for 6 more months free. So $25 for 18 months of their streaming service. I wouldn't be subscribed otherwise. https://slickdeals.net/f/14875162-25-18-months-of-paramount-plus-via-sportsline-new-code?v=1

It looks like they had the same sort of deal earlier this year as well. It was for $0.56 for Sportsline @ https://slickdeals.net/f/15608329-12-months-sportsline-paramount-premium-subscription-plan-0-60 . I won't renew it when it expires later this year. Maybe I'll jump in next year if they have similar deal again.

Back