The LAST R600 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't. :smile: But maybe the red cooler is A12. Still the wrong logo tho. And we know they were switching the logo over no later than early December.

I read you..

so far, we've seen 3 different versions of the OEM card.

The VR-Zone one with 2x 2x3 Power connectors (one couple is solder pins)
Retail cooler, tunnel adjusted for the fan. Damaged ati sticker
r600xtxik6.jpg

The VR-Zone one with 2x3&2x4 connectors
Cooler matches tunnel, ATI sticker with Part#, PCI-E connector back support.
Tunnel is much smoother around the power connectors. Probably a final design seen how it shows up on the newer version as well. Card seems to support a grip at the top for inserting/removing, much like the Geforce 7600GT's.
pic4da4.jpg

And the Inq Version with 2x 2x3 Power connectors (one couple is solder pins)
cooler matches the Cooling tunnel, ATI red fan, looks open on bottom with part#. Fan Power cable runs through top grip.
r600xtxjv8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i'm not read all posts,but this speculation for R-600 proceed or possible(how actual "spec"tations for this chiset/core)?

4 way *(madd -> 2 flops) + * mul (1flop) * 800MHz * 64 strean processors- > 614.4 GFlops

http://www.fx57.net/

:rolleyes:

Oh...yeah...sure...nice specs...^^

mfg Nakai
Vertex Operations: 15600 MVertices/sec
What could these numbers mean? They are a little bit senseless.

its red...

And not green as VR-Zone or someone else has claimed.
Sorry i'm not read all posts,but this speculation for R-600 proceed or possible(how actual "spec"tations for this chiset/core)?

4 way *(madd -> 2 flops) + 3 * mul (1flop) * 800MHz * 64 stream processors- > 563.2 GFlops

12 FLOP * 64 * 800 MHz = 614,4 GFLOP/s
G80: 561,6 GFLOP/s

What could these numbers mean? They are a little bit senseless.

And not green as VR-Zone or someone else has claimed.

Well, they did break both stories... :D

Anyway, on the same forum, there a few comparison benchmarks between R600XTX and G80 GTX, but i find them a bit suspicious.
The difference doesn't seem that big to me, especially so considering memory size, bus width, clocks, etc. I hope it's just driver immaturity, since they won't come out for a couple of months at least.

Yes without the mul

oops sorry bad english, sounds like 518 without the mul :), 518 with the mul and 345 without the mul

Fuad Explains about Dragonshead 2

http://uk.theinquirer.net/?article=37582

So the maximum power draw equeals that of the G80. we can all stop our orders for those 18000BTU/h airco's now.

G80 max consumption, provided by nVidia, is 180w, not 240w. Fuad doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about, 2*6pin + pci-express means absolute max of 225w, and 240w is more than 225w. Either 240w is non-true, or according to that new vr-zone picture, there's 8pin + 6pin power connectors, which gives maximum of 300w.

There are a lot of PSUs out there in the world that have two 6-pin PCIe power connectors, and a tiny percentage that have the new 8-pin connector. They might have found it cheaper to put an 8 and a 6 on the board to be used either as 8 by itself or two sixes (with the 8 using only 6 in that scenario) than to stick a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter in every retail box.

In fact that makes the most sence.

One 8 pin + PCIe = 225w.
Two 6 pin + PCIe = 225w.

It's highly possible that ATI put a backwards compatible 8 pin in thier to suit the needs for people that can use a single 8 pin cord.

That 'red cooler' OEM pic is false colour photoshopped.
That or ATI have a new PCB manufacturing process that makes the PCB red at the left & black at the right...

I'd say its actually just a black PCB, black cooler same as the other pics of that model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back