The Intel Execution in [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
rest in peace. Most people wouldn't mind to leave this world at that age. He made history with his law.

Not sure where to place this video. I am using Intel XeSS 1.1 in RE4 with a mod, it is working well. You need two files from the previous version of XeSS but they are in the XeSS SDK from Intel, so....

It seems they're doing a good work on the driver side. I hope the work being done here will help the next génération too (have we some news on that ?).

Intel Closes Data Center Solutions Group
https://www.hpcwire.com/2023/04/18/intel-closes-data-center-solutions-group/
The ax returns to Intel – and this time, it’s taking out the troubled chip giant’s Data Center Solutions Group (DSG). The group, which offered datacenter server designs that were popular in some regions outside North America, is having its portfolio sold to MiTAC, the Taiwanese parent company for well-known servermaker Tyan.
DSG is just the latest casualty of Intel’s aggressive streamlining of its business. The company has exited a number of similarly peripheral markets over the past couple of years: Intel Optane memory, which ended with a $559 million inventory writeoff in July 2022; Intel Tofino network switches, which were part of the 2019 Barefoot Networks acquisition and were discontinued in January 2023; a $700-million “mega lab” focused on datacenter cooling, announced in May 2022 and also killed in January 2023; and the RISC-V Pathfinder program, announced in August 2022 and – you guessed it – killed in January 2023.

The streamlining even hit closer to Intel’s core products with the cancellation of the next-gen Max series GPU (codenamed Rialto Bridge) and the dramatic retargeting of the Falcon Shores “XPU,” which was slated to be a combo CPU-GPU (à la Nvidia’s Grace Hopper Superchip) but is now planned as a GPU only.

Intel Q1 2023 results are the worst so far.

Do note that Intel has reported a GAAP loss of $2.8 billion for Q1 2023. In records going back as far as 1993, the company has never reported a GAAP loss of over $687 million, as per the Dow Jones Market Data. The previous record was made in Q4 2017 when the company reported a loss of $687 million. Moreover, Intel has not reported an adjusted quarterly loss since 2009.

Other analysts have said that single biggest factor was Sapphire Rapids flopping hard, reinforced by reports of MS cutting their planned H2/23 orders by 50-70%.

It's hard to say it's a flop given it's pretty new, no ? I mean server products cycle are pretty long, give it some times. I know you can already talk about preorder&co, but... I don't know, it's a pretty big jump compared to previous products. And you know some compagnies will just order Intel and nothing else no matter what.

It's hard to say it's a flop given it's pretty new, no ? I mean server products cycle are pretty long, give it some times. I know you can already talk about preorder&co, but... I don't know, it's a pretty big jump compared to previous products. And you know some compagnies will just order Intel and nothing else no matter what.
New and also late by over a year. They had planned to have it out in 2021.

And you know some compagnies will just order Intel and nothing else no matter what.

That group continues to shrink every year as Zen based data center products are more attractive in various metrics and AMD now has a long track record that they can point to WRT support and reliability, unlike when Opteron was competing with Intel.

Regards,
SB

Couldn't find more appropriate thread for this - the curious case of "PowerStar P3-01105" which looks awfully lot like Intel Core i3-10105, yet there's no word on any licensing, rebranding or such deals

Intel delivered a sub par product to the Aurora, their Ponte Veccio GPUs are scaled all the way back, from 52TF per GPU, to 32TF per GPU. A 60% drop from the Max 1550 GPU, that is currently the top Intel offering. This of course has affected performance in a negative way.

Aurora should be at the top of the Top500 in November this year with a sustained performance of between 1.31 exaflops and 1.41 exaflops sustained on Linpack.

Intel also lost 300million on the deal, as the cost of the Aurora exceeded 500 million, Intel was only paid 200 million.

in 2021, after delays, Intel Federal, the part of the chip maker that was the prime contractor on the Aurora contract, took a $300 million writeoff that Intel has danced around in explaining, so Argonne might be getting the new and much improved machine for the original $200 million when all is said and done.

Meteor Lake marks a significant milestone in the evolution not just in personal computing, but also in how we interact with technology. It starts with Intel's "chiplet" system-on-chip (SoC) design that allows the company to deliver advanced intellectual properties (IPs) and leading-edge processes to optimize segment-relevant performance and lower power. This has enabled Meteor Lake to be the first PC platform from Intel featuring a built-in neural VPU, a dedicated AI engine integrated directly on the SoC to power efficiently run AI models.
Intel aims to ship millions of units of Meteor Lake with its dedicated AI engine over the next year.

Meteor Lake and Windows 11 will scale across the ecosystem in collaboration with Intel and Microsoft's OEM and ISV partners. "We're excited to collaborate on AI with Intel with the scale Meteor Lake will bring to the Windows PC ecosystem. Together, we are enabling developers to use ONNX Runtime and related toolchains to run their AI models optimally on the Windows platform," said Pavan Davuluri, corporate VP of Windows silicon and system integration for Microsoft, in a statement from Intel.

Looks like Intel dropped the a750 down to $200. Think its an amazing value for the money and hopefully forces more competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back