The Callisto Protocol [PC Stutter Fest]

Uncharted on PC is still the best, compiles on the main menu for 20 mins or you can jump straight in to the game.
10min for me.

And yes, THAT game runs beautifully, and the best part is that you have the option of waiting... or jumping right in.

The same can't be said for this Craplisto Protostall game.

I wonder what Epic think of another game generating terrible headlines for their engine??

Oh, probably nothing, as they don't give a shit anymore it seems.

Last edited:
You don't say Glen?

loe221243.png

We can only hope. I really want this game.
No kidding. This was a very anticipated game for me.

Of course we knew all along that this was going to happen. I even made a post saying exactly the steps that will happen..

And I know I've been very vocal about all of this regarding this game, and I speak pretty harshly on here.. but I never speak harshly like that to singled out developers over twitter or shit like that. To the company twitter profiles... sure.. although never TOO disrespectful. I'll call something trash when it is though.. and that's exactly what the game currently is on PC.

But I honestly feel bad for Glen. I'm literally a fan of his. I wanted this game to be great and do well for them.. but the same issue keeps happening over and over again. It has to stop.

I feel bad for the guy, posting tweets updating people on a potential patch time, which may, or may not even really fix the issue.

It's supposed to be a happy day for him... but he's got this massive controversy going on and he's trying his best to calm things down.

It's just a miserable experience all around. For my part... I WISH I could believe him... but on the other hand... how does it just continually keep happening like this? It just feels like a complete lack of care and attention.

The game that stuttered the worst for me was Titanfall 2 absolutely unplayable a 5 second pause every 10 seconds
moving it to a nvme drive totally fixed it

You know the funny thing about all this is.... you'd think that other developers with UE4 based games releasing shortly, would be watching all of this unfold... and take the proper measures to ensure that it doesn't happen to them..... but the next one will have the same issues... and the next one... and so on..

Is he trying to say that a wrong file was patched at release and caused this? Or a wrong file was patched to resolve these issues and thus the patch is delayed slightly?
Okay, so I wasn't the only one not sure about what was meant.

100% successfully as in the issue completely negated? I don't believe so. The issue can be alleviated a lot though.
from the video's description:

"The Callisto Protocol - I recommend using DirectX 11 for RX 570 as DirectX 11 has better stability and frametime than DirectX 12. However, DirectX 11 still suffers from stutters caused by level loading, script moments and shader cache generation. I also recommend restarting the game after changing the graphics settings. In principle, it is desirable to do this for almost every game. For example, if you had FSR turned off and you decided to turn it on and loaded the level, then FSR will not work for you. Need to restart the game. This problem is not usually found in other games."

Is he trying to say that a wrong file was patched at release and caused this? Or a wrong file was patched to resolve these issues and thus the patch is delayed slightly?

He's trying to say it was a mistake and a wrong file was shipped with the game. It's not outside the realm of possibility. But then, you read Rock Paper Shotgun's review and they say:

Sometimes when we get sent review code for a game, the PR will say that they'll be getting PC code later, but if we want we can have a console code so we can get a head start playing the game. There are a lot of reasons that might happen, but I'll be honest: it's never a great sign. I'm usually pretty chillaxed about the occasional wonky animation or frame stuttering when a game runs, but in this case The Callisto Protocol runs so badly on PC that if it were my child and the coach wasn't putting it in to play football - even as a sub in the last five minutes, you know, just to give it a go, like - I'd be saying, "Yeah, bench the sucker, I get it."

The stuttering and slowing down whenever anything moves is especially problematic in a horror game where your survival depends on quickly dodge-reacting to sudden threats. So I can't, right now, recommend you get The Callisto Protocol on PC. If Striking Distance get it running properly? Eh. Maybe.

So, this implies they knew how it runs. But, if it took them less than a day to fix, why release it ? Although, the game is not unplayable anymore, it still has all sorts of traversal and other crap stutters. So, it's gonna take longer to fix everything. Just about after everyone finishes this game, i imagine :)

He's trying to say it was a mistake and a wrong file was shipped with the game. It's not outside the realm of possibility. But then, you read Rock Paper Shotgun's review and they say:

So, this implies they knew how it runs. But, if it took them less than a day to fix, why release it ? Although, the game is not unplayable anymore, it still has all sorts of traversal and other crap stutters. So, it's gonna take longer to fix everything. Just about after everyone finishes this game, i imagine :)

You've really got to wonder how such idiotic management decisions can be made. This game has been so obviously rushed out on all platforms except the PS5 resulting in a marketing disaster that will heavily impact its sales.

Has no-one learned from Cyberpunk?

You've really got to wonder how such idiotic management decisions can be made. This game has been so obviously rushed out on all platforms except the PS5 resulting in a marketing disaster that will heavily impact its sales.

even the PS5 version has some issues. There is a streamer who was playing the game and the game crashed, he was into some dialogue and he had to remove the headphones 'cos there was a strong whistle.

True and timing is really bad. It’s before Christmas craziness. The damage is done and people will see bad steam reviews and DF vid. Probably most will think oh ok well I will get it later when they fix all the issue and probably can get it on discount like CP2077. Which is a shame.

Back