The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2017 edition

I might check this out on Mixer this year instead of Twitch just to see how the service is from a viewing perspective.

I plan to Mixer on the XB1, first time I'll be using Mixer so it'll be interesting to see if the stream holds up, etc. because this will be my first exposure to the service.

Highly recommend using it before the E3 conference because like all new things it usually doesn't go as planned when put under such a big load. In my experience it's a pretty good service compared to Twitch.

Tommy McClain

Highly recommend using it before the E3 conference because like all new things it usually doesn't go as planned when put under such a big load.

Tommy McClain

That was my entire point, if they want to push this big, new shiny service, it should work flawlessly in its first biggest test.

That was my entire point, if they want to push this big, new shiny service, it should work flawlessly in its first biggest test.
Personally I don't think that's entirely fair. But if you want to set such a high bar that you expect them to fail go ahead.

BTW it's not entirely new either. It's basically Beam with a new name. So not entirely shiny new.

Tommy McClain

Personally I don't think that's entirely fair. But if you want to set such a high bar that you expect them to fail go ahead.

Will do. MS lost the benefit out the doubt after Kinect II. Or was it leveraging the power of the cloud?

BTW it's not entirely new either. It's basically Beam with a new name. So not entirely shiny new.

Tommy McClain

All the more reason for it to function near perfectly, no?

Will do. MS lost the benefit out the doubt after Kinect II. Or was it leveraging the power of the cloud?

Possibly, but it's never seen the loads it will see during E3. It will definitely be a great test.

Tommy McClain

oh cloud powered is happening just keep waiting .. it'll happen don't you worry

Mixer is my primary with Twitch ready as a backup.

I've been using Mixer for the last two weeks and while it still needs a little polishing, it is very much a comparable experience to Twitch.

If all else fails on streaming you can watch live on FUSE HD if your cable company carries that TV Channel. Mine does, so I should be covered, but I'm going to try Mixer first and foremost.

Bah.

Twitter was able to manage to stream Live NFL games in HD flawlessly to people without a twitter account (like me), so I don't really think there's much of an excuse here.

As to Spencer's statements... Funny, wasn't it just a week ago that somebody sent him the E3 schedule that showed the Xbox show going 2 hours and Phil said it wasn't correct as their conference was only 90 minutes?

I wonder if it was actually accurate after all?

Bah.

Twitter was able to manage to stream Live NFL games in HD flawlessly to people without a twitter account (like me), so I don't really think there's much of an excuse here.

As to Spencer's statements... Funny, wasn't it just a week ago that somebody sent him the E3 schedule that showed the Xbox show going 2 hours and Phil said it wasn't correct as their conference was only 90 minutes?

I wonder if it was actually accurate after all?
It was actually the opposite. It showed it was going be 1hr. Aaron said 90min. Phil saying 90+

All the while the TV listings on Fuse HD channel has shown 2 hours since Tuesday.

More than 90 minutes? Yes please!
thumb.gif

Mixer is my primary with Twitch ready as a backup.

I've been using Mixer for the last two weeks and while it still needs a little polishing, it is very much a comparable experience to Twitch.

I heard that only mixer and YouTube will be offering 4K streams so I'll go with either of those.

Last edited:
Back