TGS: New DOA4 screens and info

This photo mode:

one said:
According to Famitsu interview it has photo mode and you get motion blur only in a still picture, not realtime in-game.

Getting all defensive now huh? First, at the first negative comment on Team Ninja and i am a Sony drone, then i'm not making sense? At least i'm giving people more than enough reasons to my arguments, you're just name calling.

Weird because Itagaki was saying that motion blur would be in game too with certain attacks that are very fast.

But well that's news to me, since nor Gamespot nor IGn nor Iataki in any interview i've read talked about it.

therealskywolf said:
Weird because Itagaki was saying that motion blur would be in game too with certain attacks that are very fast.

But well that's news to me, since nor Gamespot nor IGn nor Iataki in any interview i've read talked about it.

The point is, you won't see that kind of motion blur in real time. On any next gen console (just for the record, so u dont go round calling me a Sony drone again).
Same for that amount of AA.

Yay, my memory was right for once!! I knew there was a photo mode!!

Anyway, just a thought, wouldn't a video mode be better? You know, capture your crazy combos and send off on LIVE to impress people? I think that would be a lot more fun than a photo mode

Wow some people today are so not in the loop. I thought the motion blur thing was known for a while not to be in-game. I thought everyone here knew that. Wow I guess not.

therealskywolf said:
What matter is, that those who have seen this game at TGS, say it looks much better in motion than it does in those screens.

Never said otherwise, i only posted my very valid comments on that shot. It's you who gets all defensive at the first negative thing one says about anything MS-related.

I'm still waiting to see some proper VF5 videos or pics, now THAT tickles my fancy much more than DOA4, whatever platform it will be on.

ME? I just thought you were making up things just to troll. I thought wrong sorry, it's just that i allways see you being +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Sony and ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ MS

I was never a Tekken guy, or DoA. Now Virtua Fighter is where its at. Shure...its not really the pick and fight type of game (since theres so many moves that branch into combos and techniques) but I love the depth of the more recent Virtua Fighter games. I'm also a Soul Calibur guy (WOOT! remembered the U)...the characters from that game a very very interesting.

They came right out and said that a long time ago in one fo the developer updates before they even showed the motion blure pics. DOA3 and NG didn't need additional AA they barley had any jaggies period. Yea as far as DOA3 they showed high rez shots of DOA3 but I wouldn't say they were "touched up", they just blew up the shots so you could see them better 480p shots on the net are crap to look at.

LunchBox said:
Aside from the blurring...

The pictures don't look any better than the DoA3 shots for XBOX...
Having just played DOA3 in the last week, I completely disagree with you. 720p and AA are nice bonuses in DOA4. So is the dynamic hair and cloth system. The backgrounds feature a level of detail that would grind DOA3 to a slideshow. And many of the character's outfits feature good shader quality not present in DOA3.

The downside is that the characters themselves are mostly identical. And since that's what people look at (for good reason), they don't see a difference. These are rather poor captures of DOA3, but I can tell quite a difference in overall quality between it and DOA4.

Just watched one of the gameplay vids with Lei Fang. I didn't notice any clipping with her dress, and it seemed to flow really well. :)

therealskywolf said:
ME? I just thought you were making up things just to troll. I thought wrong sorry, it's just that i allways see you being +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Sony and ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ MS

So you feel in the position to call me a Sony fanboi because "you see me being +*29 Sony and -*83 MS"? Now that's mature... I wonder why you have that red square under you name :rolleyes:

Actually, I've seen quite a bit of clipping with the characters. Particularily the hair. Also, the game only has motion blur in photo mode. THe online community thing is actually pretty cool. I think it'll put stress on certain servers, but it also give a nice heirarchal structure and gives people reason to do better AND helps fans find the best matches to spectator. As to the enviroments... I'm laughing my butt off at the irony. Itagaki made the gameplay faster and he also made counters harder -- the result the fighters don't really move all that much from their starting position. Those enormous stages are going to a complete waste. I only hope he has some random location generator that moves the fight to different locals in the level, otherwise I think Itagaki made a really bad mistake. Meh, here's hoping I'm wrong though.

Honestly. I'm not to worried about the visuals but the actual game mechanics, combos and collision. I'm not into the DoA simplistic combo setup. Its been called the type of fighter that anyone can pick up and be good at. I want a mixture of ease of use and hardcore combo system. That would allow you to choose a specific character and get better and better with that specific character. Hopefully the series will build with these things in mind.

In other words, you want Soul Calibur, and frankly I don't blame you. I want it too. ;)

Also, what'd you mean by collision?? If you're talking about that one video where Ryuu kicks and visually it seems not to connect yet damage is still dealt, it's just the way the animation takes place. Kinda like Ayane's spinning combo -- whatever it's called -- it seems like all she does is spin but it's actually a hit... it's the animation. Don't worry about it.

Actually, I've seen quite a bit of clipping with the characters. Particularily the hair.
Yeah, well, the main problem there is that all the individual cloth/hair sims are independent. So they're basically colliding only against the collision model for the character, and not against each other.

Those enormous stages are going to a complete waste.
The videos, in a few spots, seem to hint that the starting point in a stage is not fixed (i.e., you can have a fight just about anywhere in a stage). Maybe in the online mode there'll be some sort of battle royale mode or something. Eh. whatever. Either way, you know so many people will be buying it to see Kasumi's dress fly up in high definition.

Ummmm... no comment on my own part.

2646_86.jpg

Come on, it's so obvious this isn't real time. Everyone knows that dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years.

Back