TGS: New DOA4 screens and info

New gameplay videos are coming. Not much, but it's better than nothing since there was no new trailer for DOA4 at TGS.

Quick Summary of Gameplay Changes
- Counter window has been shortened... was 22 frames now looks more like 10 frames
- Ground game (okizeme) is much better. You can hit opponents while grounded with any low attack, or any attack that looks like it would hit grounded. You can also use certain attacks to catch tech rollers off the ground (ala Tekken).
- Lots of attacks grant significant frame advantage on block
- 23 characters
- 16 player lobbies online
- Game speed has been slightly increased

Overall the game looks significantly deeper than any other DOA before it. I'm a huge Tekken fan, and I've never thought DOA could compete with it or VF in terms of depth, but from the few hours I've had with DOA4, it looks like it's definitely getting much closer to the big boys.

screens: http://www.gamedaily.com/fightinggamehub/screenshots.asp?gameid=2646

Wow...I see some cool blur effects there. That would add a sense of speed to punches and kicks. Also..it looks so sharp, i'm very happy that Team Ninja is embrazing High Definition. I don't think ANY fighting game can beat Vitua Fighter (as far as depth) but we'll see what happens with this new installment DOA.

2646_85.jpg

LOL! That's more photoshopped than Missy's latest CD covers or videos. The 2 characters do no belong to that environment, look at their shadows. And that motion blur? I can do better in Photoshop. Maybe i should apply for a job at Tecmo.
So, this is not realtime. It's not real at all.

(Just thought i'd give you some of your medicine back)

london-boy said:
LOL! That's more photoshopped than Missy's latest CD covers or videos. The 2 characters do no belong to that environment, look at their shadows. And that motion blur? I can do better in Photoshop. Maybe i should apply for a job at Tecmo.
So, this is not realtime. It's not real at all.

(Just thought i'd give you some of your medicine back)

lol...I thought the blurring of the kicks and punches was like :oops: ...wasn't expecting that...so those might be CGI shots or something?

I'm not joking. Those 2 characters have been superimposed on that background. It might be using in-game assets, but the shot definately isn't real. And that motion blur is DEFINATELY not real.
Then again, kinda hard to pass judgements on shots with 64x AA applied.

So much for realtime shots huh?

According to Famitsu interview it has photo mode and you get motion blur only in a still picture, not realtime in-game.

london-boy said:
:LOL: Excuse me?!
See how quickly people forget about DOA3 pre-release shots...

LOL..so appearently they (Team Ninja) has a history of this. If thats the case, then I find the visuals seen here harder to believe now. The bluring alone made me thing...how the f(*& did they get that going? I also didn't notice the hyper smooth edges...i'm seriously thinking its CG now.

one said:
According to Famitsu interview it has photo mode and you get motion blur only in a still picture, not realtime in-game.

Just read your post one and it seems like thats a little deceptive. It requires you to read and find out what your seeing...but any casual person would take those shots as ingame...especially with someone like onetimeposter spreading the news.

therealskywolf said:
London-Boy....you are acting like a PS drone.

The new shots look amazing IMO.

I'm acting like myself thank you very much. The shot i posted is not real for the reasons i gave, and Team Ninja have more than a history in touching up shots.
If that makes me a PS drone, so be it, but it's the truth whether you like it or not.

I'm not even saying it's CGI, i'm saying it's just not real at all.

therealskywolf said:
London-Boy....you are acting like a PS drone.

The new shots look amazing IMO.

No, he's giving an analysis of what he's seeing...it's a free world...he's entitled to do so...

-Josh378

OH please since when does team ninja show fake pics(please provide proof), they don't need to with DOA3 and Ninja Gaiden they already owned the competition as far as graphics were concerned.

Yes the blure is only for screen grabs, I don't think this even looks that great it's barley a jump over ODA3

WOW. i'm amazed. So now Team Ninja never showed touched up, super-high res, super AAed pic of DOA3 or other games they've released...? WOW

Anyway, that's not the issue here. I said that shot i showed wasn't realtime - or real. Well check this out, IT ISN'T cause it's apparently from this Photo Mode!! :rolleyes:

london-boy said:
WOW. i'm amazed. So now Team Ninja never showed touched up, super-high res, super AAed pic of DOA3 or other games they've released...? WOW

Anyway, that's not the issue here. I said that shot i showed wasn't realtime - or real. Well check this out, IT ISN'T cause it's apparently from this Photo Mode!! :rolleyes:

What photo mode? You aren't making any sense and you are actually sounding more than a bit childish.

therealskywolf said:
What photo mode? You aren't making any sense and you are actually sounding more than a bit childish.

one said:

Appearently you have pictures taken during a fight and you only get the blur when the pictures are shown in "photo mode"

Back