Temporary Mods for E3

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
With E3 approaching, the bickering and flaming is rising again to uncomfortable levels, while the signal to noise ratio is plunging. (Just look at the last bunch of post in the Console forum)

Thus, I thought that the following proposal might be worth considering:

How about appointing some temporary additional mods during, before and somewhat after E3 to keep the discussions civil and resonable?

I agree. E3 and all big news always bring the worst out of the kids from other forums.
I have to admit, Ingenu and the others have been very good, as long as you report the bad posts.

We probably have enough mods, we just have to make sure we report the trolls, so they can see what's going on; we can't expect them to read through all the posts.

I stand with my proposal:
Forbid people with red square to create topic &| post. (rather post since it would also mean no topic creation)
Forbid users below a given membership to create topic &| post. (rather create topic)

And that for all E3 duration and a week.
:devilish:

Reactions: Geo
Ingenu said:
I stand with my proposal:
Forbid people with red square to create topic &| post. (rather post since it would also mean no topic creation)

But then they wouldn't be able to recover if they correct their behaviour, which wouldn't be fair to those who actually do start doing better.

_xxx_ said:
But then they wouldn't be able to recover if they correct their behaviour, which wouldn't be fair to those who actually do start doing better.

For the duration of E3, it would be very useful. It would be useful anyway, with or without E3 messing things up...

karlotta said:
close the console area for the week of E3 and dont let anybody with MORE than 100post in the console form start a new topic in the rest of BD3...
yep.gif

Well, 'cept for LB...I'd hate to not have LB around for a week. :oops:

I was just popping to this forum to ask about E3 fireproofing. Last year was a painfull memory not to be repeated. It'd be nice if this could be kept a sanctuary were worthless console-warring couldn't find a home, and games and news can be considered for what they are without some fool turning it into a disparagement of another system. I was going to suggest a ban on new accounts for that period. Preventing red-squares from posting would be a good idea too, and perhaps show those who don't care about being red-squares that it does mean something and they can't carry on regardless. I think Ingenu's ideas pretty much spot on.

digitalwanderer said:
Can the board software make it so reds can't post in just consoles?

You want to spread the flames to the other fora? :devilish: Firestarter :LOL:

Anyway something needs to be done. As all 3 new consoles will be present at E3, everyone needs to brace for more flaming and trolling than last year.

Another option

Members with red squares can only post and have 1 "life". Any bad behaviour, instant 1 week ban.

Will there be any hidden "?" blocks with power-ups in them? :p

Anyway, this does seem like a good compromise.

Fear not, good members of Beyond3D

We have a plan ready for E3. It's not as radical as Ingenu's proposition, but it should do the job nicely.

To sum it up, we'll apply a tolerance zero policy with regards to confrontational/insults/trolls/baits posts during E3. Any posts falling into this category will grant its creator a one or two week Tempaban.
The one and only warning issued will be a temporary sticky stating the situation.

Are you going to stop newbies joining too? Banning is all very well and good but the mods will be running around chasing after the trolls if they're allowed to join just to make a nuisance of themselves.

Hail Mary, c0_re is banned.

I do agree with the E3 UN Resolution some have proposed. Joining could be allowed, as long as they can't post for a while. Banning is nice, but not when the imbeciles can just sign up with a new username in 5 seconds and start posting again... And yes, it really does take 5 seconds.

Back