Tales of Arise [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Dr. Nick, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Dr. Nick

Regular

Ok wanted to start off by saying it has been a really great game IMO. I'm about 9 hours in so far and I'm having a good time with it but I was already expecting to with a Tales of game. After not having a new Tales of game on the Xbox platform for over 10 years it has been really great being able to play a brand new entry in the series. One that uses an engine that everyone can agree is truly of this generation.
    It's looking like this game will be a real hit. 54K active players on Steam right now. There is now a demo on Steam.

Alas I'm still having trouble with Quick Resume and this game. Hopefully its just my Xbox. I had to report it to Microsoft using the Report a Problem App. Hopefully it gets fixed. Though I will say that the game has been pretty much save anywhere even when a in dungeon so it has not been bad. You just can't save while in battle though I have not come a across any really log battles just yet. I would still like QR to be working properly though.

#21 Dr. Nick, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    mr magoo and BRiT like this.
  2. pcchen

pcchen Moderator
    Moderator Veteran Subscriber

Just played the steam demo. There were some control problems when I use fullscreen mode (borderless mode is laggy), but it went away after I switched off steam overlay (which is not very useful for a single player game anyway).

It runs pretty well in 4K on my 3080 Ti. Combat is also quite interesting at least in the short demo. Too bad it does not have co-op, but I’m definitely considering getting this.