Syphon Filter or Daxter?

ban25

Veteran
Supporter
I've read reviews of these games and they both seem fantastic. With the impending release of Field Commander, however, I can only really justify buying one of them. The question is, which one? I'm torn because Syphon Filter looks incredible, but I already have SOCOM on the PSP.

Any suggestions?

I'd also like to expand a bit and ask whether or not either of the Mega Man games are worth picking up?

Well if you REALLY must choose between those two, go for Daxter. It's really one of the most solid platformers in years and a lot of fun to play. Syphon Filter's great too, so I guess you should choose based in which genre you like more? :)

Or why not go on a shopping spree and buy them both, Field Commander AND Locoroco once it's out this summer!

Oh and Exit's great too, buy that too! Get a mortgage on your house or something :)

I've got both, and they are very good games. I have a little problem with SF, near the end of the game the auto-targetting mechanism that makes the game easy to play with a single analog stick breaks badly (by virtue of most/all bad guys having flak jackets and requiring headshots).

With Daxter, it's the exact opposite : at first I really hated the camera system, but with a few hours of use it becomes easier to use and soon you don't even notice it.

Personally I didn't have any problem with Daxter's camera, far from it. I think it's one of the best camera systems I've come across as I very, very rarely have to adjust the camera at all, and when I do, it's extremely easy and accurate.

Honestly, buy them both, ban25.

Daxter, and Syphon filter are a must. MM: PU also -- it's the better of the two Mega Man games. Exit, MM: Maverick Hunters, and an assortment of other games are well worth the purchases too.

If you can't buy them now, put them on a list and pick them up later -- if you don't end up with them sooner or later you're committing some sort of sin, no doubt.

Online edges it out for SF for me, personally.

Great choices though, but if moneys tight you're right to get one + Field Commander ;)

Yeah the online part's supposed to be a killer in SF, I've yet to try it myself though. Hopefully we get more and more proper online titles for the PSP with the PS Network thingy.

Well I picked up SF and have had fun in the online mode, but the campaign is suffering from the "click of death." The game hangs while the drive clicks until I turn the system off. I'll try returning it for another copy today.

Back