Super Cell (CELL insider talks to Forbes)

london-boy said:
Megadrive1988 said:
Phil wrote:

I think people are getting mixed up with CELL (an architecture) and the Broadband Engine (a CELL implementaiton).

totally agree, Phil. I try my best *not* to get it mixed up, and help others understand this as well.

Yep. Microwave Cell implementation won't be a 1TFlop monster. Unless you need a grill in your oven too, in which case they could push the GHz and go for a BBQ set.

I am looking forward towards the cell powered fridge and vacuum cleaner.

Acert93

Acert93 said:
Ok Phil, explain to me how this quote is true and not just a load of pure B.S. hype?

I believe it's not mine to explain. How could I - afterall, I'm not the one with all the insider information on the hottest piece of engineering currently in the works. I do think however that this claim is obviously not PS3 related (as you ranted earlier on) but in regards to CELL as an architecture and its keyrole in Sony's (not SCEs) strategy in supplying digital content to consumers. If CELL does find its way into CE products, it certainly will be very exciting in what possibilities it could offer for consumers. CELLs intent purpose is greater than just being a powerful processor of the next generation PlayStation.

Phil said:
How could I - afterall, I'm not the one with all the insider information on the hottest piece of engineering currently in the works.
Then how could you come to such a conclusion?

nelg, hottest piece can mean many things. I ment it specifically in regards to how the media is treating it and the hype around it. Subjective by all means, but certainly understandable given the project targets which have been part of discussion since 2001 if not earlier. ;)

PS: love your sig. Got to hang on to that one... :devilish:

Back