Stringer: PlayStation 3 is a key driver of Sony's future growth

^

You forgot the 3D part of that, content. Sony have content for all three. They have a source, content, player value chain just waiting to be exploited. Reason why Sony’s share price has been so deflated is because they were not capitalising the synergies.

After Matsushita sold their Hollywood assets, Sony remain the only company in the world to have this sort of fully fledged chain available to them, hastily assembled owed to the hubris of Michael Schulhof and Walter Yetnikoff “for the Chairmanâ€￾.

Management has been a joke. Idei’s “Digital Dream Kidsâ€￾ still haven’t left kindergarten.

Have any of you guys seen A&E's MindFreak with Chris Angel? Now that is some weird #@%!

If I were Howard Stringer I too would use slight-of-hand to pile up profits. I'm not talking about unethical business practices or anything, just a red herring ... In steps the PlayStation 3, a savory lump of technology that is (for now anyway) ill-suited for consumer entertainment. Its publicity, however, should give the technology enough push to infiltrate business infrastructure.

So while PlayStation 3 dazzles a crowd of onlookers at a busy London or New York intersection, Mr. Stringer quietly slips into nearby businesses, and pointing to the gimmick says, "You need that in here!"

Ultimately, the technology could become a building block for corporate knickknacks, from hospital cat scans to coffee brewers at Starbucks. This seems like a better niche if you ask me. :cool:

Back