Steam implements AMD TrueAudio Next in Steam Audio

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
a synth will only do midi
Do you mean your typical Roland synth? Old ones, I am sure they do that. I have the Roland SD-50 and it plays everything you throw at it, like your typical soundcard, but yes, it's meant to edit and play MIDI for the most part, of course.

That's a terrible graph btw. Ugh. Logaritmic for no discernible good reason, and basically no grading on the X axis. Where is the endpoint? No idea.

That site doesn't appear to have tested any gaming headsets btw, which is depressing...

That's a terrible graph btw. Ugh. Logaritmic for no discernible good reason, and basically no grading on the X axis. Where is the endpoint? No idea.

Huh?

Frequency responses are alway in decibels which is logarithmic by definition. The x-axis has frequency listed at the bottom (also normal, since that's how human perceive audio).

Cheers

Perhaps there is good reason for log on the Y axis, but why is the X axis logarithmic? It just comically compresses the upper frequencies for no good reason (and stretches out low frequencies.) And like I said, it's not graded, unless you count once every power of ten as proper grading. Like, the graph ends somewhere at some point beyond 11khz for unspecified reason. Wut?

Back