Steam Games Sharing

Vardant

Newcomer
Maybe you have noticed, that the last Steam update was a little bigger this time.
This might be the reason why:
Code:
"SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicense_Title" "Shared game library"
"SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicenseLocked_OwnerText" "Just so you know, your games are currently in use by %borrower%. Playing now will send %borrower% a notice that it's time to quit."
"SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicenseLocked_BorrowerText" "This shared game is currently unavailable. Please try again later or buy this game for your own library."

Maybe you have noticed, that the last Steam update was a little bigger this time.
This might be the reason why:
Code:
"SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicense_Title" "Shared game library"
"SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicenseLocked_OwnerText" "Just so you know, your games are currently in use by %borrower%. Playing now will send %borrower% a notice that it's time to quit."
"SteamUI_JoinDialog_SharedLicenseLocked_BorrowerText" "This shared game is currently unavailable. Please try again later or buy this game for your own library."

Awesome!
I have so many good games I would like to share with my family.
It probably will be enabled on per publisher basis, but Valve should be first to let their games be shared :D

Sounds good. I don't have any friends who still play with PC, but in general you should be able to share your leagally bought games.

Yeah I'm really interested in this now after Microsoft neutered their new console back to the 2005 restricted digital age. I'm curious how Steam will handle this, will it be for all games or only approved games, etc. Curious to see how this pans out.

I plan to make great, great use of this. I'd prefer if I could just give people games out of my library though...

Thus is not the place for political or moral views. Leave it out of this thread or be banned.

I plan to make great, great use of this. I'd prefer if I could just give people games out of my library though...

I'd be fine with that as well, that's mostly what I want to do anyways where once I'm done with the game I can just give it away and possibly get something in return. Or in the case of relatives just give away the games and not care about getting anything back. This would be great for young relatives because pc has so many younger and family friendly games on there that the little ones could play on their tablets.

Yes, thats why I buy all digital games from gog

Same here.I was an impulsive Steam sale buyer, but I realised recently that I can't really give those games to my niece and nephew whose computers remain offline. So, now I buy either from GOG or the Humble Bundle sales which give out DRM free games. Hope we get more outlets for DRM free games.

Back