Star Wars Battlefront 2 (SW:BF2)

I hoped they would not develop a single player campaign. All DICE games with the exception of Bad Company 1 failed here. They should concentrate on the multiplayer. Finally, this is played for hundreds of hours while the single player will be 4 hours long and will usually never be touched again afterwards.

Hopefully most of the players who asked for a single player will buy this title. Otherwise the singleplayer campaign would have been just a waste of resources. Battlefield 1s campaign was just horrible.

I hoped they would not develop a single player campaign. All DICE games with the exception of Bad Company 1 failed here. They should concentrate on the multiplayer. Finally, this is played for hundreds of hours while the single player will be 4 hours long and will usually never be touched again afterwards.

Hopefully most of the players who asked for a single player will buy this title. Otherwise the singleplayer campaign would have been just a waste of resources. Battlefield 1s campaign was just horrible.

The single player part is done by EA motive (Jade Raymond studio)

Battlefront 2 is not a "DICE game" like Battlefield. The company is overseeing the development done by Motive Studios & Criterion Games.

I do not know what Criterion Games can achieve because this is a very small studio with 15 employees.
The gameplay of Battlefront VR was bad from my point of view. In my opinion it would be completely useless/boring without VR.

The best thing about Battlefield 1 were the cutscenes and I do not even like it if too many cutscenes were used because it it last gen story telling for me. Interactive video games should advance stories mainly in gameplay. Cutscenes should be an exception for the most epic moments.

The single player part is done by EA motive (Jade Raymond studio)

Let's see if that works. I am sceptical.

Last edited:
I do not even like it if too many cutscenes were used because it it last gen story telling for me. Interactive video games should advance stories mainly in gameplay.

Not something I expected to see in a Battlefront thread, but I really like the way you phrased this. Totally agreed here.

I know I might be in the minority here but I'm buying this game for the single player's graphics and hopefully a more than just 5hr story. After that it's trade in as usual, Battlefront MP has never interested me like Battlefield 3&4 did. The real meat is that Uncharted esque Star Wars game Amy Henning is developing.

Singleplayer part of the teaser shows 4 environments:

1. Ground forces on the forest moon of Endor observing destruction of second Death Star
2. Tie Fighter flying through the space debris of unknown objects [maybe remnants of the 2nd DS]
3. Space battle in the low orbit of some yellowish planet with earth-like atmosphere, possibly that big battle above Jakku
4. Starkiller Base

After that starts the MP part of the teaser.

Endor does look almost exactly as in the PC version of BATTLEFRONT from 2015. Obviously with more DoF.

BATTLEFRONTs Endor is still the best thing I saw with the Frostbyte engine.

Great trailer but i wait for gameplay. I Like the constellation of the teams there. Criterion is involved so it could actually be sick.

One thing that i really wonder about now is the player count in Multiplayer i hope its not limited to only 40 players again. Battlefield 1 with 64 feels like not a lot of action going on sometimes- don't get me wrong it can get pretty chaotic too.
I would love to see something like huge 40vs40 or 60vs60 player battles (on maps that are large enough) for this type of shooter.
I do not know what Criterion Games can achieve because this is a very small studio with 15 employees.
The gameplay of Battlefront VR was bad from my point of view. In my opinion it would be completely useless/boring without VR.
fair enough I don't know about VR but I can't doubt the guys who created Burnout. They should be able to bring decent gameplay to that game.

Last edited:
They start off with a message "game-engine footage". Some of that may not be realtime however. I wonder how close to those visuals the Scorpio/High end pc version will come.

SP campaign will cover a 30 year period between ep6 and ep7, with few chapters where we will get the chance to play some of the bigger characters from films [mission with Kylo is confirmed].

They start off with a message "game-engine footage". Some of that may not be realtime however. I wonder how close to those visuals the Scorpio/High end pc version will come.
Not close at all. If you go back to Battlefield 1 trailers with the In Engine footage disclaimer, you can easily see the actual ingame footage has drastically reduced lighting, shaders and shadows. It's pretty much cutscene footage rendered in engine to get your mouth wet and then the per usual somewhat flatter lighting, less complex gameplay kicks in. Dice has been doing it over and over again since Battlefield 4 and I'm not fooling for it again. That said I believe the gameplay would still be pretty good looking, just not trailer good.

In engine means nothing, to be honest. Resistance 2 cutscenes were in engine.
That being said the game already looked great, just a bit blurry on the ps4.
I am guessing a BF1 like fragmented campaign considering it is going to span "all eras"

'Across all eras' and they show Darth Maul, but no robots? I'm guessing it's not really all eras beyond a few cameos.

'Across all eras' and they show Darth Maul, but no robots? I'm guessing it's not really all eras beyond a few cameos.

I didn't take this from the trailer, which looks bloody fantastic. The prequel's robots armies were bloody awful and that's one reason not to make any effort to include those dumb arses in the trailer. If DICE are going to the lengths to have specific assets for all eras, which are present, I'm sure it's more than just the idle cameo mission.

I really hope the story mode is substantive. :yes:

Back