Speculation and Rumors: Nvidia Blackwell ...

Hard to imagine big clock increases on such a similar node. I would guess that we either get a small performance jump or Nvidia has finally changed the architecture in more notable ways. I really hope we don’t just get frame gen with more generated frames.

If the 5080 is around 35% faster than a 4080 then that’ll make it probably 80% faster than my 3080 which is a nice upgrade depending on the price. Don’t care what the bus width is. If it’s faster it’s faster.

I just tried to watch this hardware unboxed video and off the rip it’s so dumb. Why does anyone care about tiers if the don’t work for the company? You have a product. Look at the alternatives and check if they’re better and if it’s worth the cost. If you don’t like it don’t buy it. Skip a generation if there’s nothing in your price range that’s worth it. Who cares about a product in some price tier you wouldn’t buy anyway. The only relevant comparison is to what you already own.
my 3080 is still playing everythign I throw at it. I may even be able to wait longer

my 3080 is still playing everythign I throw at it. I may even be able to wait longer
If price/performance stagnation continues, obviously the 3080 will be fine for a while longer. Games can't require $600+ GPUs for a decent experience.

Only problem you may run into is VRAM capacity (which is why bus width actually does matter until the 3GB GDDR7 modules arrive).

Back