Speculation and Rumors: Nvidia Blackwell ...

I'll definitely wait at least until an 18GB 5070 Super or something. Not getting another 12GB card. It's already been a bit of a problem in a couple games I've played.

Agreed. Frame Gen + RT can easily take you over the limit in a few games. I personally wouldn't even be happy with 16GB on my next GPU which is why the rumoured 16GB 5080 probably won't be of much interest. The rumoured 24GB version would be the sweet spot for me depending on price. Anything over £1k is a no go.

Jensen Huang will deliver the CES keynote: https://www.ces.tech/press-releases/nvidia-ceo-jensen-huang-to-deliver-ces-2025-keynote/

Cant remember the last time he has done a keynote at CES. So maybe we will see the consumer Blackwell products.
If they’re going to launch so late I hope it at least means it won’t be a paper launch.
Agreed. Frame Gen + RT can easily take you over the limit in a few games. I personally wouldn't even be happy with 16GB on my next GPU which is why the rumoured 16GB 5080 probably won't be of much interest. The rumoured 24GB version would be the sweet spot for me depending on price. Anything over £1k is a no go.
I think the odds a 24GB 5080 is not over £1k are almost zero. Maybe the 16GB model. Hope I’m wrong though.

We have just received word from our sources that the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5080 GPU which will be utilizing the GB203 GPU core will come equipped with 16 GB of GDDR7 memory which will operate at 32 Gbps speeds. This is 4 Gbps faster than the 28 Gbps dies featured on the GeForce RTX 5090. The graphics card will feature a 256-bit wide bus interface and as such, it should feature 1 TB/s of total bandwidth from the memory alone.

This is going to be a major leap over the RTX 4080 series which peaks out at 736 GB/s of bandwidth through their 23 Gbps GDDR6X solution. The G6X solution is absolutely bonkers but GDDR7 will be the game changer and provide GPUs with higher bandwidth, especially those with a narrow bus. It should be noted that 32 Gbps speeds won't be featured across the entire lineup and only the RTX 5080 would get it at first. The possibility that NVIDIA might upgrade the lineup to faster speeds (G7) and higher capacities exists but for now, let's stick to what we can expect from the initial wave of the cards.

Back