sort of hardware...computer chair.

mine is falling apart (5 years old i guess)...one of those Bestbuy kit chairs. $50? can't remember.

Does anyone have any leads on a high quality comfy pc chair that would last a lot longer than 5 years? no other furniture in my house falls apart in 5 years.

probably needs wheels, swivel...lean back...height adjust i guess...maybe all those features make them not last long?

and padding that doesn't permanently squash over the years.

I just keep buying whatever $50 deal is on at OfficeMax/Depot whenever one breaks.

(We go threw about 1-2 chairs a year. :oops: )

Mine get destroyed too easy by kids/puppies/kitties, so I don't see the point in investing heavily in 'em.

I have a plain simple wooden chair since 15 years, should last decades more :).
yeah, cheap desktop chairs with all the features you want fall apart. also, a normal chair doesn't move, is more stable, so I find I'm better with it at quake3, CS etc. :)

my chair was deceptive, it looked pretty sturdy...large bolts holding arm cushion to chair arm...that snapped last year. musta used crappy metal.

i don't like the idea of throwing away a chair every few years. surely there's a brand name that has a reputation for quality and durability?

i found out our office chairs cost $600 (they weren't 100% sure about that though). high quality but that sounds way too expensive. is that what you have to pay for high quality?

Back