Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

there are better headsets for PC already, fresnel lenses are a big disadvantage for PSVR2, i really hate the chromatic aberration it brings to the image, and the small sweetspot.

there are better headsets for PC already, fresnel lenses are a big disadvantage for PSVR2, i really hate the chromatic aberration it brings to the image, and the small sweetspot.
did you try studioform comfort kit or Globular Cluster ? hugly improve sweetspot problem

To me the most annoying thing about some Fresnel gear is the haloing / glows off the lens rings. But these problems vary a lot across different HMDs.

Last edited:
I think that playing around with FFR is useful in seeing why DFR can only go so far.

Last edited:
I don't understand what "nVidiia use" means when using psvr2 on a pc is your graphics card not doing the rendering ?
Maybe this person equates PC with nvidia. That's pretty much the GPU marketshare these days.

wouldnt call 2x boost only ;d
I just mean that you can see with FFR how if the periphery's detail is reduced too much it becomes very noticeable. It was something people complained about with RE7 VR on the base PS4 for example.

foveated-rendering-native-90-fps-confirmed-for-arken-age-v0-1dmmieofmpqc1.png

Hey guys, we are really excited to announce that we finally have Foveated Rendering working in Arken Age at a native 90 FPS on PSVR2! Since announcing the game back in November, we have been working to update Arken Age in order to take advantage of this feature, but it was no easy task! In the process of updating the game, our physics system joint-strengths changed, our realistic water/ underwater shader wasn’t rendering properly with FSR + gaze tracking enabled, all Bloom features would render incorrectly in both eyes, all particle effects wouldn’t render correctly in the right eye, and our volumetric lights stopped blending nicely with surrounding objects.

We put in a lot of time to get all these issues fixed and the game is now looking very sharp (1.8x the previous resolution) and the changes we needed to make to the physics have made the combat even more realistic feeling. Getting Foveated Rendering working also allowed us to run the game at 90FPS rather than the reprojected 60-120 FPS which we felt was very important due to the close-range combat and fast-paced gameplay in Arken Age. We are now in the final stages of fully testing the game with these new features and hoping to start the final round of beta testing very soon. We’ll keep you guys updated on a release date soon!

seems not to be that simple to incorporate foveated rendering with eye tracking.
I hope GT7 gets a native 90hz mode with the PS5 pro, would make the image much cleaner.

Reactions: snc
How many are in regular use?

How many consoles sold in that time?

How many phones are used regularly for gaming?

In any event, the Quest can’t be a major part of Meta’s business. They still make their money from ads and their stock is way high because of the AI hype.

It more sales than the Series S/X in the same period (just) so pretty impressive from that standpoint. I would guess attachment rate is lower though.

Back