Sony announces preliminary TGS lineup

Titanio

Legend
SCEJ was nice enough to give a heads up as to what we can expect at TGS.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20060823_tgs2006.html

There'll be 27 playable PS3 titles, including:

Railfan
Devil May Cry 4
Fatal Inertia
Blade Storm: Hundred Years War
Mahjong Taikai
Coded Arms: Assault
The Eye of Judgement
Warhawk
Gran Turismo-Serie
Genji
Everybody's Golf 5
Formula 1
Heavenly Sword
MotorStorm
Lair
Resistance Fall of Man
Gundam
Ridge Racer 7
Armored Core 4

I believe it also says there'll be a theatre that will showcase the latest footage from 35 PS3 games.

Lair, Devil may cry 4, Armored core 4. Those are the games I'd love to see more about at the moment but this lineup is pretty strong nonetheless. :) I guess I better go look for a job, gona run out of money. :(

I apologize for the double post but what title is Mahjong Taikai? I don't think I have seen/heard about it.

I apologize for the double post but what title is Mahjong Taikai? I don't think I have seen/heard about it.

A game based on a japanese board game called mahjong. :p
most likely a japanese only title. (though importing wouldnt be impossible if you like that sort of thing)

Not really sure how they plan on making a board game feel next gen either.

It seems that there are 4 GPS titles for the PSP there ... ?

Whoah, after using altavistatrans it seems that MGS Portable Ops supports the GPS ... :oops:

EDIT: london_boy, around 24-27 September I think

A game based on a japanese board game called mahjong. :p
most likely a japanese only title. (though importing wouldnt be impossible if you like that sort of thing)

Not really sure how they plan on making a board game feel next gen either.

Well they kinda succeeded making a card game feel like next-gen (aka Eye of Judgement) so If the team is having great ideas, why not? :)

Yeah I'm glad I can import games from Japan and they will still work on my PS3. :D No more wait for Final Fantasies (Been waiting for FFXII for like over a year already since it was released in Japan? And I don't think it will ship here in Europe before next spring. ) :(

Well they kinda succeeded making a card game feel like next-gen (aka Eye of Judgement) so If the team is having great ideas, why not? :)
true, but that was an orginal concept. theres only so much you can do with mahjong. :LOL:
but we shall see.

and yeah, region free games ftw :D

I think I might actually go to TGS this year. It's less than 15mins away for me.

I've only been once. The only thing that has kept me from going again is the crowds and the stupidly long lines to get in.

SCEJ was nice enough to give a heads up as to what we can expect at TGS.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20060823_tgs2006.html

There'll be 27 playable PS3 titles, including:

Railfan
Devil May Cry 4
Fatal Inertia
Blade Storm: Hundred Years War
Mahjong Taikai
Coded Arms: Assault
The Eye of Judgement
Warhawk
Gran Turismo-Serie
Genji
Everybody's Golf 5
Formula 1
Heavenly Sword
MotorStorm
Lair
Resistance Fall of Man
Gundam
Ridge Racer 7
Armored Core 4

I believe it also says there'll be a theatre that will showcase the latest footage from 35 PS3 games.
DMC4 and Lair will be playable?? Thats brilliant if true!

What about the other games?

No Killzone, no MGS4, no Tekken6?

Yeah I'm glad I can import games from Japan and they will still work on my PS3. :D No more wait for Final Fantasies (Been waiting for FFXII for like over a year already since it was released in Japan? And I don't think it will ship here in Europe before next spring. ) :(

You know japanese?

What's Railfan? Best I can find is it's a railway enthusiast (or train spotter). I guess a title suited to that audience would be part of a range including Africa - they're not os much games as interactive experiences. Experience the joys of an African Safari without the mosquitoes and risk of mauling! Enjoy the thrills and spills of spotting the many international variations of locomotives, complete with jotter to record those all important engine numbers, from the comfort of your own home without a need for a bright orange anorak or thermos of coffee to keep you warm! ;)

(No offense meant to any Railway enthusiasts, BTW. Sitting in front of a TV pressing multicoloured buttons over and over is just as ridiculous a pasttime!)

Back