Sonic Xtreme questions

Several questions:
1. Is it a given that the gameplay would've been horrible/wouldn't have worked out, or is that just the assumption of many?

2a. How easy would it be to emulate the unfinished betas on a ps2?
2b. How about the PS3?

3a. Does anyone know how many unique betas are in existence?
3b.How many total?

4. Any ideas why it wasn't "updated" and polished/finished up for any of the 3D sonic games made in the 11-12 years since it was cancelled? I think it would've been a great idea, especially considering the fact that it couldn't be any worse than the last 4 or so 3D sonics.

I always wanted to play it, and I was so pissed in 96 when it didn't ship that holiday season. The game looked cool as fuck. From looking at the videos on Youtube, I personally believe that the Saturn could do anything in the hands of the right programmers with enough patient, although that was a very small amount of the progamming community back in the day. I think if they had started work on it a year and a half earlier and got it released at the end of 95, along with vf2 and virtua cop, then the saturn just might have been quite a bit better off. Even though Sonic Xtreme was never released, Sega's Saturn is still my favorite console to this very day. And the 1st model is still the best looking one to this day, IMO.

Back