Something To Be Thinking About.

For once I have to side with _xxx_. All that stuff above and around us in the universe is pretty darn insignificant when it comes to humanity and most of the stuff on our planet and even in our solar system.

Galaxy X way out in the nether regions of space isn't going to impact anything on this planet signficantly in any way, shape or form.

So in daily life. Humans are indeed the most significant thing around. That along with things within our own solar system. The Sun for example. It's all a bit relative, eh?

I like looking at the stars. They've fascinated me ever since I was a child. I'd spend hours looking at them and dreaming. Heck I'd fall asleep on the lawn in Hawaii while looking up at the stars. But never once did I feel they had impact on my life or the lives of those around me.

It's amazing yes. Mind boggling certainly. Significant to our lives? Not particularly.

Regards,
SB

I don't think we are damaging the planet actually. We are damaging our living conditions, but the planet doesn't care. It will just continue to go around the sun no matter what we do. If a giant meteor crashes into earth it will kill all or most of the life here, but it really actually only scratches the surface, basically not harming the planet significantly. Now that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like us humans to have a better balance with our eco-system, but it's not about saving the planet, it's about preserving ours and other species living conditions.

This. Human will perhaps one day exhaust the resource and turn it into a mars like planet but the planet will still do it's thing.

I do suspect that we'll be long gone before we reach that state. All said and done we're quite fragile and we're limited to the resources available on this planet and this planet alone. A concept we fail to grasp regularly. The technology available makes us feel like we're in control. Not the case at all. Until we can easily colonize different worlds and expand to the point that Earth is not make or break for out civilization, we should be a little more cautious in our approach to ravaging it's resources.

What does it mean that those galaxies shouldn't exist under current physics theories? Which ones? Sounds like a generalisation, I hope someone has proof of this.

I don't think we are damaging the planet actually. We are damaging our living conditions, but the planet doesn't care. It will just continue to go around the sun no matter what we do. If a giant meteor crashes into earth it will kill all or most of the life here, but it really actually only scratches the surface, basically not harming the planet significantly. Now that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like us humans to have a better balance with our eco-system, but it's not about saving the planet, it's about preserving ours and other species living conditions.

So you agree with the idea of environmental protection, but you disagree with the semantics of what "saving the planet" means?

So you agree with the idea of environmental protection, but you disagree with the semantics of what "saving the planet" means?

I just don't like inaccurate terms like "saving the planet", when we are just talking about saving ourselves. Saving the planet sounds more noble than saying saving ourselves. The planet does not need saving from us. But yeah I don't like pollution.

Back