Sleeping Dogs

:(

Sorry to hear that, it really is a night/day difference after the latest patch. Just finished playing it the other day and I enjoyed it a whole lot more. The driving is so much better that I actually enjoyed all the races, and if I had any complaints it would have to be that lock picking is just too easy now. (And I had some bloody conniptions trying to get locks open on the pre-1.5 patched game!)

It really is a great game, well worth the price. Saw it for $35 on a tech bargain deal yesterday.

They fixed the mouse/control issues in the 1.5 patch, and I mean they really fixed 'em! :D

I'm liking the game a whole lot better on the second playthrough with the 1.5 patch, oodles better. :)

Thanks! I checked here before buying it. 6.24 USD (less than three hours remaining in this sale) is a bargain for such an advanced game but it will be gathering virtual dust for a while. Alan Wake is reminding me I'm not that great at rapidly hitting the keyboard. ;) Several other games I'm still at near the beginning as well.

Eidos is prepairing another "Definitive Edition", this time with Sleeping Dogs. Base game + nextgen polish + high PC textures + all DLC = $60

gvqbjtlbo8niv0tcamve.jpg

I'm happy that they will release this, game is great and deserves more attention, but price is too damn high. I got it on steam for $4.

edit - Ooops, this is a PC forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd wonder if there will be graphics enhancements for the console versions like the Tomb Raider port. It's from Square-Enix too.

Though the PC version of Sleeping Dogs already beats Watchdogs in visuals by a mile.

Weirdest part is that there is a Definitive Edition headed to PC (Steam only, though) and they made sure they wouldn't show the game's graphics in the current gen consoles.

So I guess anything could happen.

Colin Mcrae Rally got remastered, except its a pc port of the ios port of a pc game
so its like the original Mcrae Rally 2.0 but with all the complexity removed.
The Steam forums announce that Codemasters is offering refunds for customers who purchased the recently released Colin McRae Rally on Steam who are unhappy with this Windows and OS X port of the Colin McRae Rally game released last year for mobile devices (thanks nin via Kotaku). The game's description now more clearly explains this, and they will accommodate those who feel they were misled by the previous description:

Fortunately the video clearly states that none of what follows is gameplay footage. Some of the shots look perfectly real to me. Is is all CGI or is some real footage?

Fortunately the video clearly states that none of what follows is gameplay footage. Some of the shots look perfectly real to me. Is is all CGI or is some real footage?

Yes it does state that, I just wanted to make sure he did realize none of it is game engine since his post indicated otherwise.

I wasn't sure about the CGI or real either to be honest.

Yes it does state that, I just wanted to make sure he did realize none of it is game engine since his post indicated otherwise.

I wasn't sure about the CGI or real either to be honest.

He branded it as "deceptive edition", so I'm sure he knew it's not gameplay footage. It doesn't look like CGI to me at all, it's clearly real human actors.

The game already has purty graphics. I'd play it again with the upgrades but wouldn't pay $60 for it. $10 at most. Then again I got it for free with a 7950...

He branded it as "deceptive edition", so I'm sure he knew it's not gameplay footage. It doesn't look like CGI to me at all, it's clearly real human actors.

At first second i was think CGI.. then, the image look effectively to be human actors..

It seems they have use a specific treatment to the image who give a little plastic look.. But it is a movie, not 3D rendering.

The game already has purty graphics. I'd play it again with the upgrades but wouldn't pay $60 for it. $10 at most. Then again I got it for free with a 7950...

Let say that even with the HQ textures mod, the game have some really bad textures in some town parts, and on some other place it was not so bad.. anyway the non real time parts had some excellent quality on characters.

Back