Singing is God's greatest gift to humanity

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
I just wish I could sing well. I used to recite prayers in my primary schooling days, but then I lost touch with it. :cry:

These days I am constantly watching singing shows that are being telecasted on Indian channels here. And listening to contestants I just wish that I could sing like them. And when they sing, I feel so good...I can't tell you. The songs just touch my heart.

What do you guys think? Is there anyone here who sings well? Any sound clippings of yours?

Deepak said:
I just wish I could sing well.
There are some things in life you can learn with study and there are some you are just born with. It sucks, it's not fair, but that's how it is.

Never-the-less, everyone can sing. All you have to do is find your niche. And if you can't find your niche then an empty house and a stereo will do just fine.

That's not entirely true, you can do a lot to train your voice.

I'm into singing a bit, but only because I had a most annoying (and good!) cello instructor when I was younger who forced me to learn to sing to get better intonation.

I like singing. I don't have the greatest voice, but it's listenable and my intonation is good. ;)

Besides, with kids you sort of have to sing a lot.

I don't know why singing is so big in India. I've seen some bolly-wood spoofs where they start singing all the time and for no reason, lol. I don't like it though.

Singing is God's greatest gift to humanity
You clearly have never seen the auditions for programs like "Pop Idol" :devilish:

[EDIT]Damn! I see someone's beaten me to it!

I totally agree to a certain extent.

I was the president of my a cappella group in high school, which culminated in a very home made CD being produced. We sang arrangements of contemporary songs and it was amazing.

But I've been singing since I was about ten...

I'm not really doing it anymore, and I miss it so much.

I also beat box. :D

Bah, I miss the stage.

Back