Sin & Punishment 2

Now THIS is an on-rails shooter. I really think Capcom and EA gave the genre a very bad name. On-rail shooters used to be known as some of the most intense and chaotic genre with intense thrills. Now, they're associated as bad spin-offs.

Anyway, here is the kind of on-rails shooter that gets people excited. I can't even go back to watching Dead Space/RE after seeing this.

[gt]50285[/gt]

This is actual gameplay from E3. It's crazy, and that's just the first level!

[gt]50369[/gt]

I've played the original before, pretty engaging game. I really love the title though. It just sounds so.........hardcore in a story theme sorta way.

Yeah, something about the name is just so cool. The story makes no sense though, and this game is a direct sequel to the original. The boy's name is Isa.

There are on-rails shooters, and then there's Sin & Punishment. What makes it so much better is that you still maintain control over your character, and interact with the level to a certain extent. To me, dodging like mad while fighting back is so much more satisfying than just in first person. Hell, I wish FPS games had as much action as S&P.

Edit - Hehe, one of the boss's named Commander Cock Keeper.

Back