Silent hill 3 WTF!!!

New work from Polyphony, KCEJ and the ICO team may very well look better than anything out there, if only artistically. Which, ofcourse, is what matters and the end of the day/show.

Well, i mean IF Primal is really superior looking to SH3(as said by THAT guy), many will be disappointed. The 2nd coming of PS2 "hidden" powers KABOMBWAed!???
Have you seen Primal? That game has tech better than most PS2 games. What kills it is bland art (at least from what I've seen) and poor animation (for today's standards) Personally, I think even SH2 looks better than it (art and all), but from a purely technical perspective, Primal accomplishes quite a lot.

As for that guy, well, he thinks Primal is by far the best looking PS2 game, so you draw your own conclusions...

VNZ said:
New work from Polyphony, KCEJ and the ICO team may very well look better than anything out there, if only artistically. Which, ofcourse, is what matters and the end of the day/show.

You bet.. look to Brute Force for an example of how bad art can kill a powerful engine, and in turn produce butt ugly graphics.

zurich said:
VNZ said:

You bet.. look to Brute Force for an example of how bad art can kill a powerful engine, and in turn produce butt ugly graphics.

That "Brute Force" does really reflect the look of the game, totally brute force, so ugly.

randycat99 said:
This isn't about me. It is about you. I don't seem to have a problem endlessly trashing (or subtly "leveling down") xyz console/games day after day. It's a different mindset than you altogether. It doesn't even matter if you care to acknowledge it or not. Just don't say no one ever warned you. What you do with that bit of constructive criticism is your own business, and I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over making you believe it.

dude whatever . Since your the only one who has said this out of everyone that has posted on this thread mabye you need to take a break from these boards . Mabye go outside get some sun or something .

chaphack said:
The 2nd coming of PS2 "hidden" powers KABOMBWAed!???

Not me though, seen enough of that hype to the sky, crash to the earth sorta thingie.

Did you read that joke of an article at Dr. Dobb's Journal by Michael Abrash, where he outlined with some simple maths how easy it would be to max out the XB? You weren't here at the time, but Quincy defended that article with tooth and nail, was so funny to see. :)

Still waiting for a game like that to appear. My bet is, I'll wait forever for it, even after they lowered XB specs (the article assumed 250MHz NV2A I believe).

Funny though to see you only criticizing PS2 though. I wonder, WHY IS THAT? :rolleyes: You kids don't seem to understand, hyping is done by all sides. Well, maybe except Nintendo, their specs were pretty down to earth this time round. Now, will you be a good boy and stay quiet, or do we have to set the moderator on you again? :LOL:

*G*

marconelly! said:
Have you seen Primal? That game has tech better than most PS2 games. What kills it is bland art (at least from what I've seen) and poor animation (for today's standards) Personally, I think even SH2 looks better than it (art and all), but from a purely technical perspective, Primal accomplishes quite a lot.

As for that guy, well, he thinks Primal is by far the best looking PS2 game, so you draw your own conclusions...

I have this year Feb/MArch issue of OPM2 with Primal demo.

Apart from 480p, i dont see anything technically or artistically great about that very average looking PS2 game...just a tad bit better than Soul Reaver 2 IMHO. What makes it technically impressive may i ask you?

Annnnnd that is why, if Primal looks better than SH3, i think it will be quite bad for me.

Funny though to see you only criticizing PS2 though. I wonder, WHY IS THAT?

PS2 guy: " Wait for tEh untapped Em0tio00n PowAR! Ps2 is faR from maXXed out, unlike DX8 enabled PC-box! Becasue of PS2 intricate synthesizer, it Has a LOT of PotEntial!

Look at GamE Z, who Says PS2 is showing its AgE! GamE Z is definitely keeping up wiTH the latest consoles! This E3 will show waves of PS2 games making use of Emotion Synthesis v2.2, that will match whatever game console X and G can shove out! PS2 is ageless!

E3 2004 will exihibit the next batch of PS2 games, to use Emotion Synthesis v3.5."

:oops:

You know what.....chap is right about Primal, I mean the demo says it all doesn't it? Come to think of it, I played the Xbox demo of Splinter Cell and thank god for that demo because it really showed me what the game was all about and convinced me not to buy it. The much touted graphics hype and non-existent plot development in that demo just made me cringe.

In defense of demos everywhere..

Often I look at demos that just dont show the polish of the final game - they tend to be supplied months before final submission, and often contain bugs and technical flaws, and lack final optimisations..

dude whatever . Since your the only one who has said this out of everyone that has posted on this thread mabye you need to take a break from these boards . Mabye go outside get some sun or something .

Aren't you the one with the board refreshing in the background? :LOL:

Apart from 480p, i dont see anything technically or artistically great about that very average looking PS2 game...just a tad bit better than Soul Reaver 2 IMHO. What makes it technically impressive may i ask you?
Play the whole game, level in the demo is the least interesting that I've seen, and frankly even on it it's quite obvious that polygons and texture quality is pretty high on average. What you couldn't see are the excelent lighting and particle effects that the game shows off elsewhere.

Watch this video:
http://burnadisc.gamespot.com:8080/gscomplete/primal_1209m2_qt.zip?path=2002/12/primal_1209m2_qt.zip
or this one:
http://burnadisc.gamespot.com:8080/gscomplete/primal_1209m3_qt.zip?path=2002/12/primal_1209m3_qt.zip

and you'll see what I'm talking about. There are few people who finished it, who claim it's indeed technically the most impressive PS2 game that features J&D-like unlimited vistas and no-loading system, and tons of lighting and texturing.

Anyways, if you thought Primal was not a good looking game, (and I assume you think SH2 is good looking) than I can't see how possibly you would think SH3 will look worse than Primal

zurich said:

Aren't you the one with the board refreshing in the background? :LOL:

Actually i have it refreshing on the 3rd pc in my room. But thats also cause i have to mod the board.

Back