Shane Kim: Expect to see Halo 3 at E3

dukmahsik

Banned
In an interview, Shane Kim, Head of Microsoft Game Studios, pretty much confirmed that the next Halo game will be present at E3 when he said this:

"You mean the mythical Halo 3? I mean, it's silly to deny its existence when the chairman of MS (Bill Gates) announced it, but I have nothing to announce now, but expect there to be a significant announcement at E3."

Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...1a7873,00.html

Update:
Peter Moore also said something interesting regarding the presence of Halo 3 at E3 and its release date:

Moore stated the following: “Expect to see the first footage from the next instalment of Halo at E3, which might shift some focus away from the competition. The game won't hit stores until 2007, however.â€￾

Source: http://www.xboxaddict.com/news/view.php?News_ID=6890 and http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/3171/Master%20Chief%20will%20be%20at%20this%20years%20E 3

i'm trying not to imagine what it may be like... thus saving myself disappointment if it doesn't look as good as the best we've seen announced to date (GoW, TH, Rainbow Six etc etc)

but i hope it knocks my socks off

i mean i'm sure it'll be a good game and fun to play regardless, but i feel it's one of those titles that needs to be a graphical showcase

Is this the first 'confirmation'? I really thought for awhile they were going to rely on GOW/ME/BD and etc. Which all -need- attention being earmarked for greatness as they are, but truly everyone knows that Halo 3 is whats needed to scrape enough attention against the newer consoles. So this is good news (especially for those of us waiting for the conclusion!).

Now I expect a CG-teaser of Master Chiefs model with the words "Halo 3" and nothing else. I can see them giving us a video demonstration at the very end of the MS Keynote though. Which would be very awesome.

rusty said:
i'm trying not to imagine what it may be like... thus saving myself disappointment if it doesn't look as good as the best we've seen announced to date (GoW, TH, Rainbow Six etc etc
Its the gameplay you should be concerned with. And Halo is in the top-tier of its genre.

The "problem"(if you can call that) with Halo 3 is that it will,probably,focus on tons of enemies on screen and big open-ended battlegrounds and that will be a factor that could make its graphics look less detailed than some of the corridor FPS that we'll see.

Update:
Peter Moore also said something interesting regarding the presence of Halo 3 at E3 and its release date:

Moore stated the following: “Expect to see the first footage from the next instalment of Halo at E3, which might shift some focus away from the competition. The game won't hit stores until 2007, however.â€￾

Seems like Microsoft is trying to do what Sony did to them at last E3. =P

As per the other thread, that quote is not Peter Moore's. It's simply a CNN journalists, as far as I can see. I've little doubt Halo3 will be shown at E3, but I'm not sure if that quote is attributable to anyone at MS, let alone Moore.

It's nice that we'll finally get to see something about the next Halo game. However, I'm worried that the trailer or demo isn't going to be too impressive if Microsoft is awknowledging it already. I probably shouldn't be that pessimistic, but don't forget how huge it was when Nintendo revealed the Zelda:TTP...

Nicked said:
Now I expect a CG-teaser of Master Chiefs model with the words "Halo 3" and nothing else.

hmm....about the only CG ever created involving Halo was in that ilovebees theatrical teaser, and save for the earliest Halo movies back in 1999, they've always seemed to show things running on actual hardware.

I expect at "worst" Bungie showing a target render using the console ala the E3 2003 demo. i.e. it actually runs in realtime and was find for a demo, but not for a game (as it ultimately turned out for Halo 2).

Back