Self-inflicted AMD PR Drama [Nano Fury Edition]

But why are company obligated to give out samples at all? The negative publicity is only become this is deviating from the norm. The whole idea of generating publicity because you send out review samples is something that shouldn't really matter to people but yet they expect it. They are then mad that they did not get what they want. The whole system is just weird.

I see it more as enabling reviewers to post reviews on the day of the product release.

Similarly, movie reviewers get early showings so they can write up reviews to be read on the day of the public release.

Likewise, that's why it's such a red flag when video games move the review embargo past the release of the actual game, even by a few hours.

Dont forget that most card are not supplied by AMD, but by their partner, Asus, Gigabyte, Sapphire etc,.

Anandtech isn't getting one either?

Well, anyway, it's not as if most of us have the money to spend on a middle-ish performing luxury item like this anyway, so it doesn't really matter if sites review it or not, right? :LOL:

In the first sentence it's called a paper launch.

What's wrong with a paper launch as long as their is a real product with a real price.
The photo's seem to be convincing.

Still waiting on an affordable Skylake with AVX-512 BTW, or was this a vapor launch ?

What's wrong with a paper launch as long as their is a real product with a real price.
The photo's seem to be convincing.
A paper launch would give a date to procure a barely existent product for an effectively meaningless price.
There's nothing particularly wrong, but it's not a positive. A non-positive is a negative and if you say negative things AMD might find it to be unfair.
AMD doesn't give samples if they think you're being unfair.

Still waiting on an affordable Skylake with AVX-512 BTW, or was this a vapor launch ?
All the disclosures and press coverage for Skylake put that feature in later non-consumer parts.

I just ordered a skylake 6700k system from HP for my niece, ship date is mid this month.

And skylake 6700k's are available at newegg right now.

now for the other part they are only on xeon versions, I don't think they launched those yet right?

There is nothing inherently wrong with a paper launch it drums up interest, but if there isn't enough stock after the official launch, all that hype backfires if there are alternatives to product.

Last edited:
It looks like AMD denied Nanos to many prominent sites because they weren't fairly reviewing AMD products.

http://techreport.com/news/29011/amd-vp-explains-nano-exclusion-tr-reviews-arent-fair

1441821752sp4vnIyBH5_2_2_l.png

COJpN-QUAAAytfm.jpg

:cry:

not like this, stupid to post stuff on tweeter like this. And then we have H and the other two sites publicly bashing AMD for it, that's just bad for AMD and ugly. (on all sides involved)

not like this, stupid to post stuff on tweeter like this. And then we have H and the other two sites publicly bashing AMD for it, that's just bad for AMD and ugly. (on all sides involved)

Its not like H writes good reviews. They change goal posts as it suits them. I haven't trusted them since the Geforce FX days

Back