Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2017+]

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by AlBran, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

LG uses the same IPS panel technology [upgraded over the years of course] across their professional line and high-end LCD TV line. Using my RED or Blackmagic camera (something that can drive a 4096x2160 image/video) will sync correctly (i.e., correct picture resolution) with my LG, not my Samsung. As for PC usage/gaming, recommended resolution is the DCI resolution, if I select something lower. On the others like my Sony and Samsung, the recommended resolution is the standard UHD. As stated before, they don't advertise it, because UHD became the established standard for the general consumer market.

Edit: Pictures of DCI vs UHD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notice the large black bars on the right and the left of the picture labeled 'UHD Camera shot'? That's my LG running in UHD, not the default DCI resolution as seen in 'DCI Camera shot'.

#21 Shortbread, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

Do you have the "just scan" setting enabled in the TV's settings on those camera shots?
    I still believe the black bars come from software scaling and that the TV-panel actually isn't 4096-pixels wide, but I am curious about this anyway. Thanks for the pics.

3. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

No 'just scan functions'. No screen size enhancements, no motion enhancements, other than deep color. Don't get me wrong, the screen will automatically adjust to UHD material when presented (i.e., full screen), the only difference is that DCI related material syncs correctly with this set, the others in the house and my office (other than the 8K Dell) will not sync correctly (i.e., black bars or no picture at all). If it is some funky software in the TV, I'm glad it is there ...sometimes being in the man cave editing/gaming feels so much better. lol

4. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

The Division in 2018

[​IMG]The Division (1) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (2) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (3) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (4) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (5) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (6) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (7) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (8) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division (9) by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

[​IMG]The Division 10 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

These are just fast made gameplay screenshots without any toys like photo mode etc. Where's the downgrade? There is no such thing and the game has ten thousand to a hundred thousand unique by hand created places.

In motion it looks much better because the town it is very dynamic (flashing lights, smoke, moving tarpaulins, etc.).

#24 Jupiter, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Shortbread and Malo like this.