Saturn Emulator

V3

Veteran
http://satourne.consollection.com/

It seems to be able to run commercial games, like Daytona and Panzer. I haven't tested it myself. Have to look for my Saturn game, which ain't an easy thing :oops:

On other thing, Model 2 emulation is coming along nicely. Abit slow and is not perfect yet. But playable on high end PC.

Qroach said:
Wow, that's some cool emulation. I didn't think anyone would manage to emulate the Saturn...

Have you seen the current MAME release? It supports Race Drivin', and the other similar 3d games from Atari, which use a large mess of various CPU's much like Saturn :)

Reznor007 said:
Qroach said:
Wow, that's some cool emulation. I didn't think anyone would manage to emulate the Saturn...

Have you seen the current MAME release? It supports Race Drivin', and the other similar 3d games from Atari, which use a large mess of various CPU's much like Saturn :)

the new mame rocks, Area 51 with an Act Labs Lightgun(drool)
but a Saturn Emu is something I think a lot of people have wanted
for a long time. This rocks.

I have tested it several months ago. It's unbearably slow on my 1GHz machine. I was getting approx 1 or 2 FPS in Radiant Silvergun. Next release will supposedly be waaay faster (10-15x faster). Author was posting screenshots with Panzer Dragoon running at 40-50FPS

no luck with this emu so far. i got the saturn bios. i cant get a game to load up. all i get is something like 'SH invalid'

what do i do?

bah, it prolly isnt worth it at this point anyway, not until the dramatically faster version is released.

Back