Saint's row demo out

pjbliverpool said:
Hey Polygon Crusher, hows it going?

I think I was remembering San Andrea better than it was, I just had a quick blast on the two side by side and Saints does have a fair edge - although still no-where near what it should be.

Its going well, I got footed by Steve for having widge range knowledge that I shared and of course thread names where changed to foolish names becouse the knowledge was outside his range.:cool:

I agree that Saints Row should look better or atleast run fluid considering the graphics rendered.

Sis said:
I couldn't believe how much this game feels like GTA. It's uncanny.
Played a little more last night; they even perfectly captured the pop-in and cars/people that disappear when you look around the corner.

I'm thinking the big breakthrough in this game is: pedestrians holding newspapers.

Sis said:
Played a little more last night; they even perfectly captured the pop-in and cars/people that disappear when you look around the corner.

I'm thinking the big breakthrough in this game is: pedestrians holding newspapers.
Well to be fair there's the whole gang noteriety thing where you can do the same thing with rial gangs as you do with cops, raising the 'star' level, I thought that was kinda cool. I can picture some pretty huge wars, all the while raising your respect and progressing through the game.

And the game mechanic, you just earn respect, and there's like 11(?) ways to do that, including stuff like insurance fraud, so that's definately a change-up from GTA totally linear style, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Tap In said:
I'm actually enjoying this Demo.

looks pretty danged nice also
Yeah, all my knocks against it and I still find myself playing it non-stop.

scoob said:
Well to be fair there's the whole gang noteriety
That one is definitely cool (I got to experience it first hand last night), though I recall gangs in GTA reacting to me, the further along in the game I got. But perhaps it's a more nuanced version of that.

I'm hoping the final version fixes a few of the graphical issues, like pop-in and tearing. But some of the annoying game mechanics, such as driving, won't be fixed. Is it really too much to ask to have right trigger be the gas? So I can steer, look, and accelerate at the same time?

Sis said:
So I can steer, look, and accelerate at the same time?
Goto options, and change the setting for using left thumstick as gas.

Then you can still use the A button to drive, but when you're doing driveby's, drive it halo style with the left thumstick, aim and shoot with the right. Works pretty well actually.

Yeah, right trigger for gas would be nice, and multiple camara view options would have been great as well.

kyleb said:
Yeah, right trigger for gas would be nice, and multiple camara view options would have been great as well.
Ya the camera seems dynamic, it zooms in and out on it's own, would be nice to have more control. Check my post above for a fix with the gas issue, though I'm hoping I can just make it right trigger in the final version.

The one thing that really bothered me was the inabaility to quickly look to the left or right when on foot, they really need to add that, as it's fairly cumbersome to, for example, walk into a room and check both ways for enemies.

Back