Rock Band 4 [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
This just made my year. I bought a PS3 for Rockband (the first console I ever owned) and I'll now be buying a PS4 for Rockband 4. New console version + existing instruments + DLC transfer? They have outdone themselves.

Fantastic news, with one caveat: Peripheral compatibility is not yet confirmed.

I have 3 RB/GH guitars and a £1500 drum kit that I will not be replacing.

Slightly disappointed they aren't 'Rocksmithing' Rock Band a bit, as a real guitar/real drums combo would be pretty special. Not a deal breaker though, I play real guitar almost every day so plastic guitar is a nice change of pace!

Yeah I just read that, instrument compatibility is still in the works. I have a built-up ION kit with some extra triggers etc. Not really something I want to replace. Hopefully if there's an issue with compliance then maybe some kind of adapter could be made available. Or with my ION, guess it would mean a new brain.

The reason why the peripheral stuff isn't ironed out yet is the increased security for these on the new consoles, that also prevents Logitech wheels from working, or so I expect.

It sounds like this is a little while off, but glad to hear it's coming at least and being able to keep my songs and bring them along is a big plus.

They need to add the cymbals to the standard drum kit. It's daft they're not included

It just occurred to me that USB peripherals could maybe be 'dongled' with a little proprietary hub, but as far as I know there is no provision for 2.4ghz wireless on Xbox One. It's Wifi Direct only (glad to be corrected on this!).

Luckily I only have one wireless guitar, which to be fair I never liked as much as the old wireless Explorers I kept from GH2.

It just occurred to me that USB peripherals could maybe be 'dongled' with a little proprietary hub, but as far as I know there is no provision for 2.4ghz wireless on Xbox One. It's Wifi Direct only (glad to be corrected on this!).

That would suck... I hate the click-less strum guitars Harmonix has always made. The GH4/5 guitars were great (and now I'm down to 1 of those still working).

Faq (2nd post)

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/257486/were-ready-for-our-encore-rock-band-4-coming-2015

Q: Will my old hardware work?
A: We’re already working closely with Mad Catz, Sony, and Microsoft on solutions for letting you use legacy hardware on new consoles. This is a challenge on both the software side and hardware side, but something we’d love to happen. We’ll have more information on this in the coming months.

Q: Will you be making new hardware?
A: Yes we will! You can preorder a new PAX East exclusive guitar if you come by the Harmonix booth! We’re working with Mad Catz, who has a lot of history with RB gear, and we’re excited to get more instruments back into the world.

Yeah I just read that, instrument compatibility is still in the works. I have a built-up ION kit with some extra triggers etc. Not really something I want to replace. Hopefully if there's an issue with compliance then maybe some kind of adapter could be made available. Or with my ION, guess it would mean a new brain.
I am in a similar situation here. I have the original RB3 drum kit, which was the best of them all -I meant the official ones- and it cost like 120€, but it is literally taking dust in a dark place at home. I just hope it still works.

On the news, I am quite happy a new Rock Band is on the works and the fact that I can bring along my 800-900 songs collection. Still I have mixed feelings and mixed memories about Rock Band, some very happy times but also weird times. Still, it is a series that brought me hours of fun and enjoyment.

Last edited:
First 6 Rock Band 4 songs unveiled.

10563174_10153423194015209_8366373347065180867_n.jpg

I never expected it to come to PC. Rockband lives on income from song purchases, which would be killed by a PC version.

The game is not coming to the PC because of music piracy concerns. Isn't that a bit of a lame excuse? Everyone can pirate a song these days.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/06/rock-band-4-piracy/

It's not really their call (Rockband game developers), but the music content providers call. They're the ones uncomfortable with providing high-quality multi-track audio. The music that people pirate isn't multi-track with everything split out.

I see it as a bit of a cop-out on the content owners' part, but I can understand their concern.

It's not really their call (Rockband game developers), but the music content providers call. They're the ones uncomfortable with providing high-quality multi-track audio. The music that people pirate isn't multi-track with everything split out.

I see it as a bit of a cop-out on the content owners' part, but I can understand their concern.
Ah, I see where you come from now. Apart from the actual individual tracks for each song, Rock Band songs have the MIDI data -which they use to synchronise the notes with the recorded track-, which means the actual notes being in the files too and other MIDI commands.

Back