Ridge Racer 7 coming to PS3

Titanio said:
Thanks for the links one!

The page also confirms 20+ unique tracks, 40+ mirrored - I think it says that's the most numerous in a Ridge game to date? I think it might also mention something about the number of unique car models, but amn't sure..

RR6 has 30+ unique tracks, AFAIK.

I think it looks quite a bit more detailed than RR6, at least if those, apparently not gameplay environment pics are anyting to go by, and the lighting is much more natural too.
So, apart from the fact that there will be tracks and cars in RR7 that were in RR6 (and some previous Ridge Racers), so it's bound to look similar in form, in my opinion RR7 does look quite a bit better in quality.

rabidrabbit said:
I think it looks quite a bit more detailed than RR6, at least if those, apparently not gameplay environment pics are anyting to go by, and the lighting is much more natural too.
So, apart from the fact that there will be tracks and cars in RR7 that were in RR6 (and some previous Ridge Racers), so it's bound to look similar in form, in my opinion RR7 does look quite a bit better in quality.

well I would hope so ... you know considering the whole Six vs Seven thing. Seven coming later... ;)

It looks really excellent, if suspicously clean for a RR game ;)

The text on the "Get Connected Slide" is interesting, might hint at the online functionality:

Revolutionary Interface
Live coverage from Ridge State
Communicate
Spread your message around the Globe
News Flashes
Updates from Reiko
Course Conditions
Machine Manufacturers
Parts Manufacturers
Watch Races from Trackside
Download/Upload
Deliver your voice to the world

Know your strengths
Know your speed
Global Ranking
Bulletin Board

Spectator feature..?

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidrabbit said:
Didn't Microsoft already patent the "spectator mode" feature?

If they patented a specific approach or implementation, it wouldn't preclude others using different ones..

That said, that may simply refer to offline replays! :LOL: The whole slide seems to be in the context of online, but not all of the stuff appears to make sense in that context, but we'll see :)

A new interview, from Hyper Playstation magazine:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/703/703696p1.html

The development staff is for the most part the same for both games, Teramoto noted. "When actually getting our hands on the PS3 hardware," he explained, "as we gained a deeper understanding of what things we could realize, it was clear that we could realize something different from 6." It was with this realization that the team decided to make a new entry in the series.

Teramoto and crew believe that the Cell and RSX chips give them the chance to achieve a "Feeling of Ridge Racer" better than they were able to in Ridge Racer 6. This includes the feeling of speed and a refreshing, good play feel that you instantly get when starting play.

The PS3's power could be used for realistic physics, but that wouldn't very Ridge Racer, explained Teramoto. "The PS3's power will be used for various effects, and things that take place both on and around the course. If we use the Cell's computational power for these areas, we believe we'll be able to make a Ridge Racer like never before."

It's unclear what we'll be seeing of the game at E3. Namco Bandai Games will be showing a trailer titled Ridge Racer Vision 2010, a name that's meant to mean that the trailer will show elements from the future of Ridge Racer, including those elements that will be included in Ridge Racer 7. The trailer is meant to show what can be achieved in, perhaps, four years, when Teramoto feels the PS3 will have possibly become ubiquitous throughout the world and both gamers and developers will be pushing the system's capabilities.

My take on the latter part is that everything but the environment/city stuff may be prerendered, possibly? Although he seems to be talking as much perhaps about the concepts presented in the trailer, the interface (no doubt a mockup), the online stuff, the community etc. I guess RR7 will be enigmatic to a degree until we see more of it.

Titanio said:
A new interview, from Hyper Playstation magazine:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/703/703696p1.html

My take on the latter part is that everything but the environment/city stuff may be prerendered, possibly? Although he seems to be talking as much perhaps about the concepts presented in the trailer, the interface (no doubt a mockup), the online stuff, the community etc. I guess RR7 will be enigmatic to a degree until we see more of it.

Sounds like the trailer will be pre-rendered, but show certain "elements" that will b in Ridge Racer 7.

Geez, I'm getting really tired of all this pre-rendered/concept footage.

The Ridge Racer Vision 2010 trailer will certainly be a concept one, but I'd think the RR7 will be from the game.
Edit: Now that I read that again, I'm not toosure anymore, and in the images there is RR Vision 2010 and RR7 in a same image (the one with Reiko sitting by a table)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back