Revolutionary discovery about oil - "peak oil" is a fraud

Ahh, ok. There are many such blogs, forums etc. and I do read several (others). The reason being, regardless of what they write, they often link to the news you'll never see in the mainstream media. Also they often link to foreign news you'd never find otherwise.

Ahh, ok. There are many such blogs, forums etc. and I do read several (others). The reason being, regardless of what they write, they often link to the news you'll never see in the mainstream media. Also they often link to foreign news you'd never find otherwise.

To be honest, if you speak at the Granada Forum it means you have absolutely no credibility. The reason these people have to speak there, of all places, is because they're delusional or bat shit crazy, and their content is largely ignorant, suspect or entirely fabricated.

I wouldn't be sourcing info from a forum like that, or any of the related cult conspiracy websites. There's a lot of shit on the internet, and a lot of it is absolutely crazy.

That article doesn't prove anything except how slanted the Santa Barbara Independant is, though I never intended it to. I thought the drilling moratorium off California was widely held knowledge. My apologies, here you go: http://www.anwr.org/features/akeval.htm
That still doesn't justify you calling Sxotty's statement "untrue". ANWR is the most relevent untapped oil field and the others are quite expensive. According to your link, there are 11 billions barrels of oil off California, and half of it may be recoverable in existing conditions. That doesn't sound cheap or plentiful.

The Granada Forum entertains alternative ideas with zero credibility. It's all people that believe in the Illuminati, ghosts, aliens, magic and whatever other lunacy you can think of.
Well that would explain why he had all those fabricated numbers in his speech.

_xxx_, you really have to learn how to get credible information. It's no wonder that you have such a warped view of the world.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Mize et. al

Now what it means is that there is a decline in production, though that doesn't mean supply.

As in the title - WTF is that supposed to mean?

Mize et. al The real underlying truth of what it means is the amount of known reserves that are economic to extract is declining. When that happens prices go up and more are economical to extract, but no matter what at some point we will reach an equilibrium where alternatives are cheaper than petroleum, tar sands, or oil shale. We have loads of oil shale and tar sands, but they are more expensive.

Well, sort of. I haven't seen a single mention on this thread about EROEI! If you have to use a barrel of oil to pump out a barrel of oil (that includes all the infrastructure, transportation, fabrication, etc,. etc) it's game over!! Stop pumping. Of course you can always rob Peter to pay Paul. If you really need it that bad for plastics, fertilizers, etc. of course you can do. But that means that transportation, electricity generation will take twice the hit.

Hmmm - tell me? How do the goods that get to your local Walmart (Tescos, whatever) get there? Where I live they arrive in big f**k-off semi-trailers. All powered by diesel...

Hello, comprehension troubles? I already said I don't know that forum (although I do know several other such, not a bad thing in itself if you can keep critical thinking there as well).

But it's nice to see that you can be so perfectly discriminating black-and-white and put everything into strict categories. Makes life easier for simpler minds and your government will love you even more.

Official confirmation:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100006618/peak-oil-postponed-again/

The IEA now expects spare capacity of oil to remain at a comfortable 3.5m barrels a day (bpd) in 2015, with consumption edging up by an extra 1m bpd each year to around 90m bpd (or 92m if global growth is stronger). All this is quite manageable. It talked of a “gentle nominal price escalation through mid-decade, with prices rising from $77 to $86″.

The alarmist stories we heard last year from certain City banks about collapsing supply (I will spare the names) were wildly wrong. The IEA’s upward revisions from 2009 come from the US, Russia, Colombia, Canada, Mexico, Norway, Egypt, and even the UK (+80,000).

Funny that you cling on only to certain "alarmist stories about collapse" (worldwide financial breakdown, imminent social unrest etc) but not others (peak oil, global warming)... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You're such a fraud.

From the same article

Their medium-term outlook for fossil fuel markets is a dazzling contrast with last year’s warnings that a combination of break-neck industrialisation in China and lack of investment in new oil fields (thanks to the credit freeze) would exhaust global spare capacity by 2013.

:)

Grall-troll, needless to say I won't bother answering such provocative nonsense. It's all beyond your limited understanding anyway, let alone the fact that you're obviously dumb, deaf and blind.

Grall is gall because hes a troll. Gall is green right? Trolls are green too. Im mainly concerned with peak quality on Beyond3D personally. Im afraid that the forum is reaching peak quality and from here on out its going to decline because of trolls and other naughty beggars. Its gas which I am afraid of, gas which will both destroy these forums and save the world. I say screw the world save the forums, no more gas!

I still haven't bought all of the ammunition and other supplies I was supposed to have imminent need for back in march-ish. Is that okay, or should I run out and break into some stores and just grab all the stuff I'm gonna need, before the s*** hits the fan?

...But then again, I'm probably too limited of understanding for this stuff! :LOL:

Back