Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Does it disable trophies?

Why would it disable trophies?

71 deaths and I finally cleared biome 3, and then got right through 4 on the same cycle. Working on 5 now. Kudos to those of you that got through this quick. So far every boss fight except biome 3 cost me an astronaut doll, my favorite artifact.

Following up, after 81 deaths and over 72 hours I finally finished the last biome. Yay! I didn't use the reconstructors much, but I used one on my last run. My first visit to the final boss was a disaster and I died pretty quick. I woke up at the reconstructor, headed back to the boss, and once I figured him out was able to defeat him without much trouble. Anyway, this game is really fantastic. I still feel compelled to jump back in and mess around. And I must say I'm loving the music too.

Why would it disable trophies?

Some had said things like save points or accessibility options is cheating and should prevent things like trophies or achievements. Not on here, but elsewhere. It was part of the larger ongoing discussions around able gamers and accessibility.

Returnal won Develop: Start's Game of the Year

Could this be the start of a run for PlayStation 5 exclusive Returnal? Despite it only being the end of October, the Develop:Star awards were hosted in Brighton last night, with Housemarque’s roguelike taking home a total of two gongs: Best Visual Art and that all-important Game of the Year. It was a big night for Sony, with Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales also grabbing Best Audio.

Read More: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/10/ps5s-returnal-wins-its-first-game-of-the-year-award

This now has a ‘suspend’ (save) option and photo mode…shame I sold it at the weekend due to the lack of save option! Lol
It looks like Returnal's new update is automatically creating temp savegame position even if player does not request it via menu option. One twitter user reported that the game restored his run position even after a power loss.

Just started playing and I'm dying a lot. It is fun though - gameplay is very addictive and my new daily routine is to play at night ("just one more try") and sleep at work during the day. It will not end well.
Anyway, great game with great production values and mechanics, but not for everyone. I'am Housemarque veteran (finished Stardust and SuperStardust on Amiga) but it seem that this one will take some time to beat.

Movement is everything in Returnal, be aware that you can dash through every bullet/laser that is not colored purple and melee hit can stun some nasty big enemies. Artefacts and parasites can influence the build a bit, but the only meaningful upgrades are found in weapons. You can upgrade their perks, and every weapon has few great ones that can melt enemies when maxed out to tier 3.

Movement is everything in Returnal, be aware that you can dash through every bullet/laser that is not colored purple and melee hit can stun some nasty big enemies. Artefacts and parasites can influence the build a bit, but the only meaningful upgrades are found in weapons. You can upgrade their perks, and every weapon has few great ones that can melt enemies when maxed out to tier 3.
To make things more complicated, there's some purple bullets you can go through and others, slightly different, you can't. Better not risk and just avoid all purple, though [emoji23]

There's been PS games on the STEAM list before that still haven't been ported or even hinted at being ported so I would take this with a truck load of salt.

It would be interesting if RT-capable cards would run this game faster because it uses hardware acceleration on PS5 to speed up the GI system.

Back