Resident Evil and Street Fighter 4 3DS.

This is mainly for people disappointed by the lack of tech specs given out by Nintendo.

4k77yb.jpg

2mzywi1.jpg

29w39zn.jpg

3DS_SSF4_00ssHW_E3.png

3DS_SSF4_05ss05_E3.png

I think the 3DS is powerful enough, but the resolution appears to be much lower than expected. Or is it because these screens are suppose to be in 3D, and 3D renders this stuff at half resolution. It's 400 x 240.

I think the 3DS is powerful enough, but the resolution appears to be much lower than expected. Or is it because these screens are suppose to be in 3D, and 3D renders this stuff at half resolution. It's 400 x 240.
Nintendo's own site says it's 800x240 discrete pixels, 400x240 for each eye.

thoses screens are fake, compare them to the other 3ds games, it's obvious, thoses screens à ps360 quality, metal gear is ps2 quality at best.

Those screens came directly from Nintendo's press site.

And please find me a PS2 game with that quality of normal mapping.

If he can play around with the camera, then it certainly is real time.

Grandmaster said he was impressed by the character models in RE revelations...cause they looked quite comparable to RE5. He also said that the environments looked very basic on the other hand.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099595p1.html

"Oh, and Resident Evil Revelations? It was just video that you could zoom in and out and turn the camera that simply slid the video around. It wasn't being generated on the 3DS in realtime, guaranteed. "

Seems like IGN has no clue what realtime means. Being able to spin and zoom the camera can only be done in realtime.

Grandmaster said he was impressed by the character models in RE revelations...cause they looked quite comparable to RE5. He also said that the environments looked very basic on the other hand.

I'm hearing this and MGS were like done in 2 months before E3. I imagine it would look even better with more time. This is just the 1st generation of 3DS games too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back