Resident Evil 2 Remake [XO, PS4, PC]

Capcom are asking people if they want a new RE remake in a poll. Yes, please!

https://www.enqform.capcom.com/form/pub/form1/re3_en_d

Re-remakes of RE1 and RE0 remakes with the new engines in 3D, which fits these games very well -i.e. Resident Evil 2 Remake-. I could well accept a remake of Resident Evil 2 Remake with Raytracing and additions to the campaigns to let them be totally different without intertwined events that can contradict.

a week ago or so I paid 3€ for the original soundtrack of RE2. Well....

As much as I love and love the original soundtrack of RE2 -the STARS office music for instance-, also the original game of course, old games needed music like this to emphasize the sense of fear, 'cos they couldn't make games as dark as now.

However, in the new game the music feels totally off. :( You don't need it anymore to add to the atmosphere, in fact it doesn't add to it, on the contrary...

The soundtrack of the remake is much better imho. The game sounds more scary and fits it a lot more than the old one. (I also purchased the original music DLC but after playing the entire campaign with it, I didnt like it).

fanart of an hypothetical remake of Resident Evil Code Veronica

resident-evil-code-veronica.jpg

Hasn't RE suffered enough? :p

You know? I really like the animated films. However, I struggled to sit through that recent Netflix series.

Talk about boring.

Hasn't RE suffered enough? :p

You know? I really like the animated films. However, I struggled to sit through that recent Netflix series.

Talk about boring.
They have generally fucked up the whole universe and atmosphere. From survival horror, it transformed into an action packed zombie b-movie universe where the protagonists are ballsy action heroes who can be grabbed and thrown by a Tyrant without braking a single bone.
They missed the point.
This counts for games, life action movies and animated movies.
Why on earth do they insist in this formula I have no idea when what define the series was the sense of vulnerability and danger.
I hope this movie succeeds in the atmosphere but the trailer shows to be a mix of getting what Resident Evil is and not getting it.

Yeah. I get where you're coming from. I told fanboys on actual RE sites for years that Capcom was just copying shit from whatever was trending, to keep milking it. As in, ripping off whatever at the time, was currently popular.

Few people listened. I had a good crack at it, though. But you just cannot get people like that to wisen up. :D

I even told people that Capcom is terminally obsessed with the year 1998. It seems every year or so, a film or game goes back to that year, despite the fact Raccoon City is long gone. It's sickening. ;)

I've not really noticed any difference in performance as I've played through it again with the mod.

I suppose it would make benchmarking easier as each scene is now at a consistent angle.

I do wish the game shipped with this as an option.

I do wish the game shipped with this as an option.
that's the key, optional.... Some people prefer the new gameplay style, some other people like fixed cameras for a more classic experience. I think Capcom could add this option in a new patch or on a re-remake of this -my favourite RE game to date- where they add path tracing and more branching paths for both main characters, etc.

Thought this was worth sharing in here - It's unfinished but is really cool!!

And to be able to see out of the windows in RPD and see the street and fires is amazing.

heeheeh, it's curious how the tables turn, some people preferred a different look but not the fixed cameras when fixed cameras was a thing, and now they get it. Same for those which purchased the remake, which is the best RE ever at least for me, and wanted the classic look, hence the aforementioned mod.

Back