reported 9600 clock rates and prices

nevermind. You can ignore my drivel. Can't find reference of the postage stamp anywhere. Was compared to something during a presentation.

I'm not exactly sure why companies get so uptight about this information.

All it costs is buying the product at the store and decapping it.

Of course, you can't get these chips at the store yet, but...

FX 5200 :

gffx_5200_board.jpg

(Yes, it's even uglyer than the 5600 !! :oops: )

FX 5600 :

gffx_5200_ultra_board.jpg

Radeon 9600 :

radeon9600_board.jpg

9200 :

radeon9200_board.jpg

Nebuchadnezzar said:
FX 5200 :

gffx_5200_board.jpg

Anybody else get a sense of Deja Vu? That type of heatsink looks awful familiar. Maybe a Voodoo3?

Tommy McClain

RussSchultz said:
Just wondering, but what about a card makes one uglier than another?

I don't know, I like the way all of them in this thread look except the 9200...the odd shape makes me feel unsafe with that extra sharp and lethal looking corner.

If someone walked towards me holding it (or if they were Joe with an evil "I'm going to tweak you about pipeline count" glint in his eyes), my "fight or flight" instincts would kick in! :LOL:

More seriously, I can understand how cards can be considered ugly, but all of the card pictures in this thread look like neat and well structured designs to me, assuming those two fans don't flop around when you handle that card (EDIT: oops, that was another thread where that card was called ugly).

I guess it's just a matter of your sense of aesthetics or, in my case, whether you fear strangers bearing sharp objects. *shrug*

AzBat said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:
FX 5200 :

gffx_5200_board.jpg

Anybody else get a sense of Deja Vu? That type of heatsink looks awful familiar. Maybe a Voodoo3?

Tommy McClain

The heatsink of the MX440-8x reference card allready had that heatsink :rolleyes:

confusion here

sireric said:
tamattack said:
sireric said:
The RV350 core is larger than 25 mm^2, but it is very small for what it can do.

Any chance you could let us know what the die size actually is? :LOL:

If I hated my job and enjoyed being prosecuted, I'm sure I would tell you!

Stepper Retical's (typically) top out at 23x23 . There is miscommunication here. There is a physical limit to the retical sizes.

I'd be shocked to know to know it was 25 mm^2...

Besides this is really easy to determine if you are willing to blow a die. I'm sure NV has imaged the chip already. Ask them :LOL:

- SM

Yikes!

Joe DeFuria said:
Stepper Retical's (typically) top out at 23x23.There is miscommunication here.

Yes, sireric said over 25 mm^2 (over 5mm x 5 mm), NOT 25mm x 25mm. ;)

25 mm^2 is tiny. What is this part? 1 pipe no TCL. I assume sireric is in the know...

- SM

Back