Registry Cleaner

How do these programs know what to clean out anyway? Way I see it, they could just as well "clean" something important.

RegCleaner
RegCleaner is an easy to use program. With RegCleaner you can easily get rid of those old and obsolete registry entries created by software that you have destroyed ages ago. And by easily, I mean easily. You don´t have to be any expert to use this program.

Key Features
# Remove file types
# Remove entries of old software
# Uninstall and remove Software from the Add/Remove list
# Remove unused DLL files
# Remove unused Shared DLLs (Automatically detected)
# Automatic backup feature

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Guden Oden said:
How do these programs know what to clean out anyway? Way I see it, they could just as well "clean" something important.
My fear too, and I've had too many bad experiences with bad registry cleaners over the years....although it has been years since I tried one.

digitalwanderer said:
Guden Oden said:
My fear too, and I've had too many bad experiences with bad registry cleaners over the years....although it has been years since I tried one.

All they really do is go through the registry, find file references and check if those files still exist. That's how it gets rid of most of the stuff.

You'd think MS has gotten the whole registry maintenance thing right by now.....

I used to use MS's Regclean on 95/98... But I've never seen an improvement by using ANY registry cleaner.

there are few good programs out there......but since i dont...urm....well.....never mind, i wont mention them.

swaaye said:
But I've never seen an improvement by using ANY registry cleaner.
Indeed!But whats the big deal with them?What does"clean the registry" mean?And whats the real impact on my system? :rolleyes:

Back