Redout [XO, PS4]

The game was recently shown at a comic convention and you can see people playing it with a wheel.

I know I'm supposed to be looking at the racing game. But I can't stop looking at the hot cat girl in black playing the game. :p

Regards,
SB
If she turns around maybe you wouldn't like her that much, but she has a nice body. Gotta admit that I didn't notice her at first, if your mind wasn't so observant and you didn't mentioned her.., maybe it was the clothes but I was just looking at the TV screen, with all the stuff passing by at great speed.

Some of the most recent screenshots of this game from the official webpage of this Italian company, it's been a while ever since new information came out and these screengrabs are relatively old too, despite being "recent".

HighresScreenshot00004-1024x576.jpg

REDOUTScreenShot00227-1024x576.jpg

HighresScreenshot00001-1024x555.png

screenshot_02_lo-1024x576.jpg

new-tokyo-eka-1024x427.jpg

cairo_00-1024x576.jpg

screenshot_03_lo-1024x576.jpg

REDOUTScreenShot00210-1024x576.jpg

it seems that the game comes out in September. It is going to be launched on steam, September 2th and consoles' version should not take much more. What can I say.., at last! This is my most anticipated game of this year for the Xbox One.

E3 2016 video --highly recommended to watch it at 60 fps:

Launch trailer. Confirmed it launches on September 2th for PC, PS4 version early next year, I think, dunno about the Xbox One version for now.

FOLLOW THE GAME ON STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/517710

PRE-ORDER NOW - 20% OFF:
https://www.humblebundle.com/g/redout

NEXT GENERATION AG RACING IS HERE! Redout is a tribute to the old racing monsters such as F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on physics: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognisable aesthetics. Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes, vast desert plains: the melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi abandoned Earth is the background for the most high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes.

Speed
Redout is the fastest game ever made. If you can handle it. It’s not about the numbers you see on screen, it’s about the vibrations, the landscape and buildings flying by, the high-speed collisions, the effects, the sounds, the immersion: everything is meant to feel you going FAST.

Online Multiplayer

Challenge up to 12 players from all over the world and find out who’s the best Redout pilot in history! Do you think you have got what it takes? Prove it. True glory is a flame lighted at the skies.

Immersive VR

We have been working hard to give you the best VR game yet. Get inside your HMD to experience 3D and distances like never before, you’ll know exactly where the apex is and feel a whole new level of control.

Handling
Control is the most important feeling when you are racing at 800km/h. Redout features believable physics derived from quad-copters controllers and real magnetic forces. We came up with the next generation in AG handling. There’s always a way to face a corner without braking, but you have to prepare for it and use everything you’ve got. Steer, strafe and turbo out of a corner are the basics: upgrades and powerups will grant you even more control on your ship’s behaviour. You’ll need to dominate your ship before you face the advanced tracks.

FEATURES
  • Online multiplayer - match against 12 players around the world for a real challenge
  • VR Support - Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Razer OSVR
  • Career mode - 75+ events to race, experience, level up and upgrade your ship
  • A Diverse World - 20 tracks scattered around 4 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth, plus boss circuits
  • Never bored - 7 event types, from classic Race to innovative Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance
  • Create your story - 6 racing teams, each requiring a different driving approach, and 4 increasingly fast racing classes
  • Powerups - 10+ racing-focused, upgradable powerups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more
  • Music for your ears - full 5.1 support and a dynamic soundtrack that will drop sicker and sicker beats the faster you go!
We have been working really hard on it, hope you like it!

Two new videos of my most anticipated game of this year. Please play at 60 fps, highly essential. I like how it tells you when you achieved a maximum speed number while running in a track.

Where does this end up sitting in terms of feel?

I never really got on with the Wipeout games. Fzeros GX is more my cup of tea.

Saying that makes me wish I still had my GameCube so I could have a quick go.

Where does this end up sitting in terms of feel?

I never really got on with the Wipeout games. Fzeros GX is more my cup of tea.

Saying that makes me wish I still had my GameCube so I could have a quick go.
Yes, I had that too. I gave my Xbox to a neighbour -and friend- when I got the X360 and he gave me his GC back in 2005 and F-Zero GX was the game I played the most on the system. :)

As for this one, judging from the videos, it seems like they nailed the physics. :) They said this on their webpage, and looking at the video you know why...

The floating system and driving models are based on physics: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship.
When is it out?
Tomorrow on Steam, early next year on PS4 and Xbox One.

Last edited:
Totalbiscuit, the Cynical Brit shared his impressions of the game now that it is out.

I bought Formula Fusion for like $20 on Steam, I think this one is the former Studio Liverpool/Wipeout devs.

Still early access, but its DNA is exactly like Wipeout.

I only wish I was smart enough to pre-order Planet Coaster a week earlier when the game was still $30... ha.

Early 2017 apparently. Online consensus seems that FF is very far from finished, and the 'original wipeout devs' is a bit overblown - 2 art designers only or something. Redout's biggest drawback seems to be very tough AI.

The tough AI is apparently under investigations from the devs.

Does Redout feature a FPS view at all?

All vids I saw are stupid camera view only!

The tough AI is apparently under investigations from the devs.

Does Redout feature a FPS view at all?

All vids I saw are stupid camera view only!
do you mean like a bonnet view? afaik, it has a FPS view a la classic Gran Turismo when interiors weren't drawn and a 3rd person camera view.

I think because steering has so much depth apparently and the higher view will show you more of the track, useful at very high speeds, people will initially prefer to play in this view. Heck many racing games tend to be shown off the same until someone more serious tries them.

Back