Red Steel 2

I'll try for a hands-on tomorrow, but my first impression is that the graphics were TERRIBLE. It kinda reminds me of XIII, because the cel-shading just gives it a dull look. The fire and smoke effects used animated textures and the animation was choppy. I gotta say this game looks worse than the original Red Steel. After looking at Dead Space: Extraction and Silent Hill: Shattered Dreams, I was starting to thing developers were finally getting a handle on the Wii hardware. But Red Steel 2 looks like a complete regression.

It kinda reminds me of XIII, because the cel-shading just gives it a dull look. The fire and smoke effects used animated textures and the animation was choppy.
I thought it was kinda nice that it was remenicent of XIII. Whatever suits your taste I guess...

Here's the 60fps version.
[gt]50174[/gt]

The game looks great to me. People on here get too bogged down in how graphics are achieved "this effect used animated textures" ect, who cares if it suits the look of the game? Do you expect them to use realistic looking fire in a graphics novel style game? :???:

I was just watching the UbiSoft's press conference video of Red Steel 2 and heard him say that the game will have a Wii MotionPlus bundled with it, which is pretty excellent news IMO. Hopefully other third party games will also have it bundled.

I was just watching the UbiSoft's press conference video of Red Steel 2 and heard him say that the game will have a Wii MotionPlus bundled with it, which is pretty excellent news IMO. Hopefully other third party games will also have it bundled.

EA is doing the bundled thing as well with Tiger Woods.

Back