Rally games: WRC5, Dirt Rally, Collin McRae Rally, V-Rally 2, Sebastian Loeb [PS2-PS3-PS4 X360, XO]

Interesting ... I always avoided "rally" in GT games as much as possible
Maybe you didn't feel ready at the time.

Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo announced for PS4, XO and PC, to be released in October. This one is made by Milestone.

Actually in GT5 you did have point to point from the course generator if I remember correctly, and in GT2 I think you had Pikes Peak, even.

I just tried Sébastion Loeb demo. I don't like the controls. Basically they have optimized the controls (way too much) for the D-pads and ported them on the analog sticks afterwards.

Just give me 1 to 1 analog controls. I turn X % my stick to the left -> my wheel turns X % of it max capacity to the left. How hard can it be?

I just tried Sébastion Loeb demo. I don't like the controls. Basically they have optimized the controls (way too much) for the D-pads and ported them on the analog sticks afterwards.

Just give me 1 to 1 analog controls. I turn X % my stick to the left -> my wheel turns X % of it max capacity to the left. How hard can it be?
Are you saying that there is no true analog controls? You turn the analog stick and the wheel turns 100% towards that direction? That would be stupid for a simulation

I'm going to pass on Sebastien Loeb Racing and will wait for Dirt Rally which is supposed to release in April 2016 on the consoles ... hope they'll keep stable 60 fps without drops or screen tearing

WRC5 demo for PS4 is available on PS Store, framerate is uncapped but is fluctuating somewhere between 20 - 50 fps. Which is worse than locked and stable 30 fps of Driveclub, imo.

Yes I know it's not rally but nowhere else to put it
Asseto Corsa is coming to consoles, the devs are aiming for 60fps
be aware this is no arcade racer the pc version has no driving aids that wouldnt exist on a real car (that could possibly change for the console)

I'm going to pass on Sebastien Loeb Racing and will wait for Dirt Rally which is supposed to release in April 2016 on the consoles ... hope they'll keep stable 60 fps without drops or screen tearing
Yep Dirt Rally really looks promising!

Looks relatively simple for something that wouldn't run at 60fps, compared to, say, Driveclub. Also I'd question why Sony would release that 60fps trailer with the Playstation symbol all over it, if it wasn't in fact PS4 footage.

Whenever I see the word "target" in relation to a console game's frame rate my brain substitutes it with "lol". :yep2:
giphy.gif

Back