"Race Driver One" [PC, PS3, x360]

Looks mighty good, especially the lighting and cars. I ahve to agree it looks better than DiRT, GT5, PGR4 in those ss but will they represent final graphics IQ?

Yeah I agree, I also think Dirt looks amazing though. Certainly one of the best looking racing games available at the moment if not the best.

Arwin: Im not seeing were your getting the low poly cars from, they look extremely detailed to me. Certainly on par (at least) with anything I have seen from any other racer.

I want to be excited....

But a couple of things here....

One: Dirt looked alot like this when the early media was coming out. The final game somehow lost most of that visual impact. Methinks this Neon engine excels at producing bullshots.

B: I'm not sure if it's the same talent working on this one, but Dirt played like crap as well.

And last: Fidanza is junk. The rotating assemblies in particular have been known to cause major damage. Do NOT put these cheap parts on your car. And certainly don't put them on your Aston Martin.

I think this artistic choice creates a superficial extra realism - Hide all the faults in high contrast imagery and sell it as gritty photography ;)

I have to agree!
It's not as photorealistic as GT5, aspecially when it comes to the car lighting model, but it has a, high contrast, lots of blur and dof, on the move photography feel to it that makes it stand out.
I'm sure that it looks a lot better than Dirt in those pics. But they do look like bullshots to me. Of course I'm not an expert...

Back