Qualcomm Roadmap (2011-2012)

Qualcomm's PowerVR license is for display IP, not graphics.

With the CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz on that Transformer TF202, the GPU clocks are probably at or close to their production level. Maybe the drivers will improve before it hits the market; the Tegra 3 TF201 upped its score a decent amount from its early appearance on the benchmark.

The T3 Lenovo LePad K2 is at 1920*1152 at 22.7 fps in Egypt standard while the Transformer Prime TF202 1920*1128 is at 21.1 fps. I know it's easier to compare with 720p offscreen, but if the default display resolution is nearly at 1080p a comparison at that resolution has its value too. T30 might strangle with bandwidth here.

http://www.glbenchmark.com/compare.jsp?benchmark=glpro21&showhide=true&certified_only=1&D1=Asus%20Eee%20Pad%20Transformer%20Prime%20TF202&D2=Lenovo%20LePad%20K2

As a reminder ULP GF in T30 is clocked at 520MHz and I doubt that Adreno225 is clocked over 400MHz; besides AP30 smartphones will clock at 416MHz. It'll be interesting to see how a Krait@1.5GHz fares with a 8 ALU Adreno.

720p performance of that T202 bumped today by 10%. It's running on ICS by the way.

It seems that they removed the scores from their database. Wonder why?
Too early version and too low score to publish?

It seems that they removed the scores from their database. Wonder why?
Too early version and too low score to publish?

Preliminary testruns some of us just happen to notice. There were preliminary scores from the TF201 before T3 launched too. It yielded around 53fps in 720p Egypt and after the launch at 63fps. 48 fps for the early 8960 is definitely a good score.

Preliminary testruns some of us just happen to notice. There were preliminary scores from the TF201 before T3 launched too. It yielded around 53fps in 720p Egypt and after the launch at 63fps. 48 fps for the early 8960 is definitely a good score.

To tell you the truth I expect it to be faster than T30 but if it truly delivers the performance it will be a good sign for their future GPU's especially 320/330 and future 420.

To tell you the truth I expect it to be faster than T30 but if it truly delivers the performance it will be a good sign for their future GPU's especially 320/330 and future 420.

I certainly hope so, i have a fondness for Adreno for some reason, even if i know deep doen they aren't the best.:cry:

As I said the ULP GF in T30 relies heavily on its very high frequency. With the so far preliminary data delivered from the TF202 it looks like it could have chances to break even with T30 at least in 720p when it comes to pure graphics performance. It could even be that it'll surpass somewhat T30 in 1080p resolutions. It'll be way more interesting how the CPUs will compare between T30 and 8960.

I hope Kishonti will open GLBenchmark2.5 up until spring this year.

So a rough estimate on performance based on these numbers would be to say that the MSM8960 is faster than Tegra 3 in graphics but still quite a bit slower than the Apple A5, am I right?

It's a little premature to make any form of more definite conclusions at the moment though, not until we have hardware that's actually shipping.

So a rough estimate on performance based on these numbers would be to say that the MSM8960 is faster than Tegra 3 in graphics but still quite a bit slower than the Apple A5, am I right?

It's a little premature to make any form of more definite conclusions at the moment though, not until we have hardware that's actually shipping.

One thing we learn from those scores is that it was running on newer hardware than the padfone which surfaced on the internet 2-3 months ago.

Rough estimate is that it got +/- 20% higher scores than stock Galaxy SII with 35% more pixels on Nenamark II.

So with final version of drivers it could even turn out to have similar performance to A5 in iphone 4S. Good indication of what we can expect from future Adreno 320 which should ship late this year on quadCPU SoC.

They're not very specific about dates. I'm not sure when those quad core SoCs from Qualcomm were supposed to be introduced and they're not saying anything about when they'll be introduced now.

They were supposed to come late this year, and what they're saying is that 1Q of 2013 is more likely now. Although we should wait for the official release dates before drawing any conclusions.

If you read back in this thread..the quad cores were supposed to come in Q1 2013 anyway, so i dont know if this is a delay or not.

And yes as metafor points out, they are all HPM parts so it could be due to a delay in the process more than anything.

If you read back in this thread..the quad cores were supposed to come in Q1 2013 anyway, so i dont know if this is a delay or not.

But it was at CES where they said that their quad core SoC's should debut 4Q 2012, and even earlier there were said to debut half year after msm8960 as a standalone APQ.
All in all, it seems that they don't know the exact timeframe for their quad core SoC's due to the nature of the 28nm process node.

There is the 8064, separate from the 8074, which is a quad made on LP that is due out in Q2. That won't be 2GHz+, however.

Wishmaster how about I make your day a bit ;)

I thought it'll take time until it transpires:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/14/2798495/amd-graphics-cto-eric-demers-departs

Update: We're hearing rumors that Demers will actually show up for work at Qualcomm, an interesting choice indeed: the company purchased AMD's mobile graphics division and Imageon media processor back in 2009. You now know it as Qualcomm Adreno, and it's the graphics solution in all Snapdragon-powered tablets and phones.

If true, congratulations to both Qualcomm and Eric Demers for making the right choice.

Back