Pursuing an IT career?

I'm in a pretty ackward situation here on my end. I can get a job working with my dad for ~$12/hour, but it is not what I really want to do. I plan on going back to school to double major in CS and Physics, so this job would not be a career move but a temporary one. Howerver I am willing to get any certifications needed to get a job that pays around this much and is in pretty decent demand. This would hold me out until I go back to school and give me experience working with computers. I would love something on the programming side, I am a decent c++ programming, and even moreso with c# and php. I know it would be pratically impossible to get into a programming job without a degree, so that is why I was wondering about some alternatives.

Tsmit42 said:
I'm in a pretty ackward situation here on my end. I can get a job working with my dad for ~$12/hour, but it is not what I really want to do. I plan on going back to school to double major in CS and Physics, so this job would not be a career move but a temporary one. Howerver I am willing to get any certifications needed to get a job that pays around this much and is in pretty decent demand. This would hold me out until I go back to school and give me experience working with computers. I would love something on the programming side, I am a decent c++ programming, and even moreso with c# and php. I know it would be pratically impossible to get into a programming job without a degree, so that is why I was wondering about some alternatives.

Software QA.

avoid IT if you can

a lot of stress for (if you are maybe lucky) not so great salary

I moved from heldesk 6 years ago to data and backbone expert and a whole of of ther shit.. but i still have the same salary (just a bit more with indexing )

i'm thinking about changing careers.. becoming a COP or something like that :)

Back