PSU died?

You've confirmed it's dead by isolating it from the PC and turning it on?

I imagine the replacement was a refurb so it's possible. Seasonic one of the best PSU brands though.

I haven't. I'm usually a bit wary of testing such things as I'm not great with electrics. I'll have to buy some paperclips.

I did ask them whether they sent me a refurbished unit. Looks pretty new though.

I haven't. I'm usually a bit wary of testing such things as I'm not great with electrics. I'll have to buy some paperclips.
I'm the same with electronics but with a PSU it really is easy. Attach a case fan or something to one of the ends and use a paperclip to connect any black and the green wire.

That's unfortunate.

I think you can tell if it's refurbished or not by examining the packaging. I don;t think they replace it so if it looks unopened the psu was new.

Wrt to chances of a second one dying, we don't really know the causes of the deaths. If it were regular wear for the first one and QA stupidity for the second, yes I'd estimate that you are particularly unlucky. Seasonic is supposed to be the best PSU manufacturer out there, as already noted by others

Yeah that's what I'm worried about a bit, not knowing what went wrong. The first one could simply be wear and tear but the second one breaking down all of a sudden is very weird. Especially since it just died after turning off the pc. I suppose the only thing that could damage a psu is a power surge from outside and not from the mainboard or anything? Barring short circuiting of course but if there really was a short circuit I'd guess I have different problems. I once had a molex pin hit a screw while my pc was on and that gave some nice sparks. Didn't damage the psu or hardware though.

Anyhow support just replied to me and they already shipped out a second replacement unit that should be delivered tomorrow.

Back